General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

URGENT: wire delete mod makes transmission malfunction?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default URGENT: wire delete mod makes transmission malfunction?

hey guys, this is my only form of transportation so if anyone could help i'd appreciate it..

i just did the wire delete mod on my a4 trans am. i also tightened my torque converter to flexplate bolts as they were loose and became noisey this week. when i reconnected the battery, the transmission threw about 3-5 po codes, all related to torque clutch lock up, shift solenoids, and other electrical malfunctions.

my question is do any of those wires affected by the wire delete mod( the one where you hide you passenger side engine bay wires) have to do with the transmission?? it wouldnt make sense that they did, they are going the wrong direction, front of car not back haha.... but that is all i changed and the car ran fine before i did this...

are there any other wires that would affect the transmission this way? i checked both harnesses on the transmission, both are plugged in and tight.. i was carefull to only repin one plug at a time and i marked any colors that were remotely close, but accidents could have happened...

also, ive posted two threads in the automatic transmission section, slightly different but all within the last week, and have 0 responses, so mods please dont move this, its empty in there.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is there any way you can do continuity and voltage checks with a DMM?
Old 07-30-2011, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What's a dmm? Sorry bad with acronyms.

I believe I've narrowed it down to transmission lost electrical power. I googled the problem and found 30 common malfunctions for the 4l60e and #10 matched perfectly. It said no electricity was the problem. It's like it's in limp mode