Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a New 5.0 tonight

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 12:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Default Ran a New 5.0 tonight

I was pulling out of a parking lot tonight and low and behold I got revved on. It looked like a CS Mustang. He took a right onto the hiway and once in Mexico we lined them up. There could be a vid as the passenger had his phone out. I was in 2nd and we slowed to about 50. He took the and stayed there for a split second, when I hit 3rd it got really bad for him, I pulled 4th and shut down about 115 with about a bus or more between us. He then did a flybye on me. I'm pretty sure he was stock but it did have a nice cackle on the exhuast. If you see a vid of a mustang gettin raped by a silver SS, it was me.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:07 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill... Interesting to see what the mustang guys will make excuses about on this one...
Old 07-31-2011, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Not Possible..did not happen....
jk...

OP..what did you think the outcome was going to be though...You have an LS6 crate motor running mid 11's against a basically stock 5.0. The 5.0 is a pretty stout car from the factory but it can't perform miracles. The 5.0 is still pretty new. You have to give them time to mod just like everyone else. I think with your mods you should be playing with pullied/ported Cobras and Vettes for now.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

I did'nt pick him....he picked me. It takes a bit more than a pullied cobra too, same goes for a ls3 vette.....been there done that. My friend has a turbo'd mach that runs good. We're suppose to hit it off again soon, he keeps buggin me to. So far he's 0 for 6 or 8...lol
Old 07-31-2011, 12:22 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Not Possible..did not happen....
jk...

OP..what did you think the outcome was going to be though...You have an LS6 crate motor running mid 11's against a basically stock 5.0. The 5.0 is a pretty stout car from the factory but it can't perform miracles. The 5.0 is still pretty new. You have to give them time to mod just like everyone else. I think with your mods you should be playing with pullied/ported Cobras and Vettes.
EXACTLY the **** im talking about... Who says he thought something else was going to happen? lol. He raced a guy for fun and posted that he beat him. And we know they can't perform miracles, he didn't say he thought it would do any better than it did. And than you say "you have to give them time to mod just like everyone else". God ur a genius. We didn't know that it would need to be modded to stay with an ls6 camaro with other mods. This is the funny stuff I see posted every single time a story of a mustang getting beat is posted. "well give them some time to get mods". He just posted a cool race he had. No reason to start getting all deffensive! Calm down it's ok. Just a mustang loosing. Happens every day
Old 07-31-2011, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kill! I've been wanting to line up with one for a while now but no luck yet!
Old 07-31-2011, 12:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice kill. i've yet to find one to race
Old 07-31-2011, 12:26 AM
Banned

I would love to get the chance to race a new 5.0 Although with my car in its current form I know I'd get my *** kicked.

Have raced the new V6 Camaro and V6 Mustang, both on the interstate. They are quick cars for being a V6, I didn't exactly crush them, but every time we went at it I just walked away. By 100 I was a full car length ahead, I usually didn't take it past 110.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:30 AM
Restricted User

[QUOTE=WhiteKnight '01;15215754]I would love to get the chance to race a new 5.0 Although with my car in its current form I know I'd get my *** kicked.

Have raced the new V6 Camaro and V6 Mustang, both on the interstate. They are quick cars for being a V6, I didn't exactly crush them, but every time we went at it I just walked away. By 100 I was a full car length ahead, I usually didn't take it past 110.[QUOTE]

Which car are you talking about? The 2 of them run very different times. If you only beat a new v6 camaro by that much than you have problems. Actually you should beat a v6 mustang by much more than that.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z99ls1
EXACTLY the **** im talking about... Who says he thought something else was going to happen? lol. He raced a guy for fun and posted that he beat him. And we know they can't perform miracles, he didn't say he thought it would do any better than it did. And than you say "you have to give them time to mod just like everyone else". God ur a genius. We didn't know that it would need to be modded to stay with an ls6 camaro with other mods. This is the funny stuff I see posted every single time a story of a mustang getting beat is posted. "well give them some time to get mods". He just posted a cool race he had. No reason to start getting all deffense! Calm down it's ok. Just a mustang loosing. Happens every day
Hey..you ask what the Mustang guys were going to say...So I gave it to you. Not getting defensive by any means. The 5.0 just picked on the wrong guy. This hold true for any of us when you pick a race. You don't know what the other guys has but you hope you have more.
My point is that many of the new 5.0s are still under a warranty. Many owners will not totally void their warranty by going all out with mods at this time. You went through this with your LSX motors and Mustang guys went through this with their Mod Motors. Give it time and most 5.0s you will encounter will be further along than stock. Than the fun begins.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:34 AM
Banned

Which car are you talking about? The 2 of them run very different times. If you only beat a new v6 camaro by that much than you have problems. Actually you should beat a v6 mustang by much more than that.[/QUOTE]

I raced both a 2010 V6 Camaro and a 2011 V6 Mustang on the interstate. We were at 70MPH, give or take a couple MPH, usually they weren't honked races so the other person would jump first and I played a bit of catch up, by the time 100MPH came around I was about a car's length ahead. The race was about 5 months ago, so I don't remember it real clearly, it may have been more.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
I would love to get the chance to race a new 5.0 Although with my car in its current form I know I'd get my *** kicked.

Have raced the new V6 Camaro and V6 Mustang, both on the interstate. They are quick cars for being a V6, I didn't exactly crush them, but every time we went at it I just walked away. By 100 I was a full car length ahead, I usually didn't take it past 110.
I am in the same boat man. I would love to race a new 5.0 to see if they really run as hard as people are giving them credit for. Each time I see one (which is rare) they are either going in the opposite direction or a lady is driving it. Eventually though..
Old 07-31-2011, 12:36 AM
Banned

I am in the same boat man. I would love to race a new 5.0 to see if they really run as hard as people are giving them credit for. Each time I see one (which is rare) they are either going in the opposite direction or a lady is driving it. Eventually though..
Lol, a lady is driving it? That pisses me off. I see a nice muscle car, sports car, or a fast luxury car and it's someone who doesn't know how to use it. Who drives it just to show it off.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:37 AM
Restricted User

Exactly the same thing for me man! It pisses me off. Each time i see one it's a lady driving or some person I can tell doesn't even think about racing. Makes me sad lol
Old 07-31-2011, 12:42 AM
Teching In

Lol, a lady is driving it? That pisses me off. I see a nice muscle car, sports car, or a fast luxury car and it's someone who doesn't know how to use it. Who drives it just to show it off.
I agree 100% with you...but let's not forget the ultimate though. The Vette. Super fast from the factory (or modded) and who ends up driving them (most of the time). Older "Gentleman" than won't drive it hard, street/track race it or even mod it for that matter. It is ashame that the people who can afford it are the ones that don't want to use it for what it was made for.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:47 AM
Banned

Of all the cars I have ever raced with my Camaro, I have never raced a '99-'04 Mustang GT (which I really want to do some day, just to make them wish they got an F-body) or a Corvette of any year.

Cars I have raced:
2009 Challenger R/T
2007 Chrysler 300 C
2006 Mustang GT (well modified)
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP
2010 Camaro (v6)
2011 Mustang (v6)
1969 Camaro SS
1996 Camaro Z28 and many others.

Only car I lost to was the well modified Mustang, a few others were dead even with no clear victor. Still on the lookout for the new 5.0, ANY Vette, and a 1990's or early 2000's Mustang GT, my favorite sounding Mustang ever, but the one I want to crush so bad.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Of all the cars I have ever raced with my Camaro, I have never raced a '99-'04 Mustang GT (which I really want to do some day, just to make them wish they got an F-body) or a Corvette of any year.

Cars I have raced:
2009 Challenger R/T
2007 Chrysler 300 C
2006 Mustang GT (well modified)
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP
2010 Camaro (v6)
2011 Mustang (v6)
1969 Camaro SS
1996 Camaro Z28 and many others.

Only car I lost to was the well modified Mustang, a few others were dead even with no clear victor. Still on the lookout for the new 5.0, ANY Vette, and a 1990's or early 2000's Mustang GT, my favorite sounding Mustang ever, but the one I want to crush so bad.
I had a 2001 Z28. That car kicked *** and I had a lot of fun street racing that thing in the mid -2000 back in Jersey. I would take a Vette in a "Heartbeat"..just can't afford one while paying a mortage. Hell..It is fast, mean looking, and American made. That is the only criteria I require to want a certain type car.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:59 AM
Banned

I had a 2001 Z28. That car kicked *** and I had a lot of fun street racing that thing in the mid -2000 back in Jersey. I would take a Vette in a heartbeat..just can't afford one while paying a mortage. Hell..It is fast, mean looking, and American made. That is the only criteria I require to want a certain type car.
I hear ya on that one. I love Camaro's the most. But still have an undying passion for Trans Am's, the DOHC Cobra's and Mach 1's, the S/C Cobras, just about any Vette from 1997 to present (also the '67-'71 Vettes), and most of all I envy the new Big 3, Challenger, Mustang, and Camaro. Just about any American V8 from the '90's to today I'd love to have.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:06 AM
Banned

yeah alot of ladies driving them...mustangs and girls go hand in hand..lol..i know i traded in my 97 V6 mustang for a 93 LT1 Z28 a good few years back..and the wife (girlfreind then) got pissed saying she liked the looks of the stang better...but the LT1 acceleration over the mustang made her wet lol
Old 07-31-2011, 01:09 AM
Banned

I agree 100% with you...but let's not forget the ultimate though. The Vette. Super fast from the factory (or modded) and who ends up driving them (most of the time). Older "Gentleman" than won't drive it hard, street/track race it or even mod it for that matter. It is ashame that the people who can afford it are the ones that don't want to use it for what it was made for.
oh and you got to WATCH them old men at the track no matter what car they are in..one thing OLD men are good at is cutting a good RT at the drag strip....i usually cut them pretty good..but one time at the track i had this old guy killing me off the line in his GT500 and i had to run his *** down every time

Quick Reply: Ran a New 5.0 tonight