Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Thoughts on local drag tracks Test N Tune ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thoughts on local drag tracks Test N Tune ?

Ok guy's, been thinking of trying to get some new things going at the local central Fl. area drag tracks. Everyone that has faster cars hates going to the track and sitting in the lanes forever trying to get more then 2/3 runs in due to cars breaking and other cars screwing up track conditions making longer wait times. What I was thinking of trying to put together is a Fri. night or maybe a Sat. or Sun. event. I know it's still blazing hot out, But I'm trying to get some feed back from you guys here and get some thing set up. What I would like to do is a slick and drag radial tire only event and cars must run faster then 12.99 or quicker . Car's must have all the needed saftey equipment and be able to pass tech. The question I have is what would everyone be willing to pay to attened and raced at such a test and tune event. I was thinking of 10 bucks to watch and was seeing what all the racers would be willing to pay. I was thinking between 35 to 60 bucks. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so iguess I wouldnt be able to run my truck huh
Old 07-31-2011, 05:59 PM
Launching!

If it meets the requirements sure, But I'm sure we know it ain't there. LOL
Old 07-31-2011, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

What track are you looking at
Old 07-31-2011, 06:48 PM
10 Second Club

i was at countyline south florida today hot as hell but still made 9 passes best was a 6.6 at 105 in the 1/8.car was off 3 10ths and 4 mph .its last sunday of every month.had the tent up had some grilled food.chilled with freinds and other racers.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

now you'e saying test n tune, but then saying event? and $35-60 for test and tune is outrageous. event, maybe, depending on payout. local track here is only 15 for test n tune. but honestly then if you are talking about an event, just sounds like a DH event to me. just my thoughts...
Old 07-31-2011, 06:52 PM
10 Second Club

$25.00 TO RACE 10 TO SPECTATE.at countyline.and no street tires in right lane .slick and dr only.and plenty of by runs.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

This sounds fun. If we are going to rent out the track might as well have test n tune earlyer in the day then have a event for fun towards the end? But either way let me k ow when. Even though my car Is down I will still come and watch
Old 07-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
What track are you looking at
Orlando Speed World
Old 07-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by badhombre
now you'e saying test n tune, but then saying event? and $35-60 for test and tune is outrageous. event, maybe, depending on payout. local track here is only 15 for test n tune. but honestly then if you are talking about an event, just sounds like a DH event to me. just my thoughts...
More of a test n tune. Not an event. Working on a possible event later when the weather cools down. As for your local track, do the have a drag slick and drag radial only day ?? I know the local tracks here get way crowded with slower and unprepped cars constantly breaking and holding up the test session. If you wanna go to the 15 dollar deal you can still do that any friday night and be mixed in with the 100/150 cars that normanlly show. Call it a DH event if you want, but I'm trying to get something more local to me going. Besides when is there a DH event once a month ?? But keep the input coming. Thanks
Old 07-31-2011, 08:28 PM
Teching In

This is kinda on the line of Need@Speeds' Dead Hookers event they have 1 time a year in the cooler months..
Its something like $10-15 for spectators, and $35-40 for racers, and they only have 50-75 racers average, and for like another $20 or so, for a cash pot to the eventual winner who can last the entire event and a portion of that to the fastest car of the meet.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

12.99 im out Ive got a lt1 car 12.9 if it was droped off a cliff.But i do run dr's at the track.Just anouther thought maybe doing like an all out type.Every one would haft to do the same tech as each outher.Maybe a 25.00 entry maybe even get some of the venders to get on board.Just a thought
Old 08-01-2011, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

I'd be down for a Saturday or Sunday night. I really miss wednesday T&T @ OSW, dammit
Old 08-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Launching!

Question is would everyone be willing to pay 40.00 to have a clean and good prepped tracked with less cars there is what I'm getting at.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Nitrous
More of a test n tune. Not an event. Working on a possible event later when the weather cools down. As for your local track, do the have a drag slick and drag radial only day ?? I know the local tracks here get way crowded with slower and unprepped cars constantly breaking and holding up the test session. If you wanna go to the 15 dollar deal you can still do that any friday night and be mixed in with the 100/150 cars that normanlly show. Call it a DH event if you want, but I'm trying to get something more local to me going. Besides when is there a DH event once a month ?? But keep the input coming. Thanks
local track here preps just fine, last time out I was actually fighting issues with bogging off the line. and made about 11 passes that night. was actually pretty much hotlapping the car all night. would drive right through the lanes right up to the line. it's 1/8 mile, but still plenty fun. and just saying, more mechanical breakages and oildowns come from faster cars. you won't be able to avoid that problem, but you can have a better trained staff that can quickly clean it up and get it re-prepped. that is one issue my track has. they aren't quick with the cleanups or re-prep. and what tech requirements are you looking to run? NHRA? these requirements will vary some depending on track also. not trying to knock what your putting together, just giving you the opinion of "the local racer". are you going to be limiting it to street cars, or all cars meeting time requirements? also another issue you may run into is judging vehicles to be "12.99 or quicker". will this be based on an honor system by asking the driver and hope he runs what he says, or will there be "qualifying" passes? becasue to be honest you can't tell with the appearance of cars anymore. my truck look like it will run 15's at best, but is being built to go 9's. which BTW i will bring it out to whatever you put together. this is why I'm asking so many questions, to clarify somethings for other guys interested in bringing their cars out

to answer your last question, and I think I will speak for most when I say this, most people will not be willing to drive out, spend money on gas, nitrous, whatever other consumables and then spend $40 at the gate just for tnt. events, yes, but tnt, probably not, no matter how good the track prep is, just my $.02
Old 08-01-2011, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been going to OSW for years, and have slowly watch it go downhill. I went Friday night for their first night open in a long time due to weather, and it was horrible. Overcrowded, bunch of people that have no idea what they're doing, slowing everything down. Track prep is ****, and they don't announce half the cars that go down the track. My friends and I decided we're just going to make the trek out to Gainsville from now on.

If you did what you're talking about doing, I (as well as my friends, i'm sure) would gladly pay $40 to actually get some runs in, and get some tuning done. I'm sick of driving 40 miles to get 2 or 3 runs. Keep us posted for sure!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

This is just my 2cents and FYI.. T&T is $15 at CFRC on sat.. Gates open at 7pm and if your the first one in you can make 15 passas in 15 minutes.. That place is dead during those hours, it starts picking up around 9-10pm..
Old 08-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Launching!

I'm looking to do 1/4 mile stuff. I go to both tracks but like 1/4 or 1/8 mile any day.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ec_nova
I've been going to OSW for years, and have slowly watch it go downhill. I went Friday night for their first night open in a long time due to weather, and it was horrible. Overcrowded, bunch of people that have no idea what they're doing, slowing everything down. Track prep is ****, and they don't announce half the cars that go down the track. My friends and I decided we're just going to make the trek out to Gainsville from now on.

If you did what you're talking about doing, I (as well as my friends, i'm sure) would gladly pay $40 to actually get some runs in, and get some tuning done. I'm sick of driving 40 miles to get 2 or 3 runs. Keep us posted for sure!
Glad to see some support and others with the same views as me.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by badhombre
local track here preps just fine, last time out I was actually fighting issues with bogging off the line. and made about 11 passes that night. was actually pretty much hotlapping the car all night. would drive right through the lanes right up to the line. it's 1/8 mile, but still plenty fun. and just saying, more mechanical breakages and oildowns come from faster cars. you won't be able to avoid that problem, but you can have a better trained staff that can quickly clean it up and get it re-prepped. that is one issue my track has. they aren't quick with the cleanups or re-prep. and what tech requirements are you looking to run? NHRA? these requirements will vary some depending on track also. not trying to knock what your putting together, just giving you the opinion of "the local racer". are you going to be limiting it to street cars, or all cars meeting time requirements? also another issue you may run into is judging vehicles to be "12.99 or quicker". will this be based on an honor system by asking the driver and hope he runs what he says, or will there be "qualifying" passes? becasue to be honest you can't tell with the appearance of cars anymore. my truck look like it will run 15's at best, but is being built to go 9's. which BTW i will bring it out to whatever you put together. this is why I'm asking so many questions, to clarify somethings for other guys interested in bringing their cars out

to answer your last question, and I think I will speak for most when I say this, most people will not be willing to drive out, spend money on gas, nitrous, whatever other consumables and then spend $40 at the gate just for tnt. events, yes, but tnt, probably not, no matter how good the track prep is, just my $.02
Not sure where u run at but it's not like that here. I know I've gone to private rentals and it's 2-300 per car. Nhra requirements and times would be on a honor system.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on local drag tracks Test N Tune ?