Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

McLeod Master Cylinder Failure < 6 months DD

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default McLeod Master Cylinder Failure < 6 months DD

Just wanted to share with everyone the pictures of the McLeod master cylinder out of my '98 TA that came apart about a week ago. I was downshifting on an exit ramp coming up to a light and when I went for 4th gear the pedal went all the way to the floor and stayed there. As you can see from the pictures the weld between the flange and the actual master cylinder completely failed, I've had it in the car less than 6 months of daily driving. I'm going to call McLeod tomorrow to see if they'll warranty it but from what I've read on their website they only cover things for 90 days from the date of purchase, but it's a general statement so maybe they'll warranty a bad welding job. I'll update the post with their response.

I see a Tick MC in my near future...
Attached Thumbnails McLeod Master Cylinder Failure &lt; 6 months DD-photo1.jpg   McLeod Master Cylinder Failure &lt; 6 months DD-photo2.jpg   McLeod Master Cylinder Failure &lt; 6 months DD-photo3.jpg   McLeod Master Cylinder Failure &lt; 6 months DD-photo4.jpg  
Old 07-31-2011, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

sorry to hear that, good luck with outcome, keep us updated.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:04 AM
FormerVendor

I apologize for your inconvenience and misfortune on this master cylinder. Obviously there was not enough penetration on the welds and we will bring this up with our supplier. Please contact me at 714 630-2764 X 223 and I will take care of you with a replacement.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

Just spoke with Billy at McCleod and the new unit is being shipped out today free of charge. I really appreciate the quick response and the no questions asked willingness to make the situation right. Two thumbs up!

Quick Reply: McLeod Master Cylinder Failure < 6 months DD