General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Heater Core Hoses

Old 08-01-2011, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Heater Core Hoses

Seems both of my heater core hoses are leaking right when it meets the water pump. Where can i find the replacements or should i just patch it up?
Old 08-01-2011, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

new ones from gm are over a hundred bucks,i had the part # but i guess my wife found it and threw it out. the only other suggestion is buy some hose and try running new ones from the core or from those blocks attached to the inner fender well.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wouldnt running a regular type of hose and not a pressurized hose be bad?
Old 08-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerokube
Wouldnt running a regular type of hose and not a pressurized hose be bad?
Hey man....both of my heater hoses where they attach to the two water pump ports started bulging about 4 years ago. I simply took a razor and cut off the bulging soft tips....then re-attched them. They've been good ever since.

Running good heat hoses will work just fine.

Or....go here, you can pick them up at their place in Hialeah, Miami. They have quality used stuff for our cars. I think he said those heater hoses were like $50.00. If they still have the set and didn't sell them.

www.tacreationsusa.com

Old 08-01-2011, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks ls6, always feel better when you chime in on my problems lol. ill try that see if it works. the tubes feel so soft. ill try that place and see if they have a new one, i plan on fixing the ac within the month.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerokube
Thanks ls6, always feel better when you chime in on my problems lol. ill try that see if it works. the tubes feel so soft. ill try that place and see if they have a new one, i plan on fixing the ac within the month.
Yea man, my pleasure. There's plenty of hose length to cut a good 2 inches off and they will still reach. I called transam-creations maybe 2 months ago and they had a good (used) factory set of those hoses, but they always get new (used) ones in.

Its also a good idea to carry a Dayco Part #87629 heater hose with you in the car. Its a hose that fits those two ports on the water pump and just makes a U-turn. Its good to have with you in case the heater core ever bursts or one of those hoses ever bursts. If you have this Dayco hose you can jump out, put it on in minutes, put some water in and be on your way....if you don't have it....you're stuck waiting for a tow truck or a ride to pick you up.
http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CCMQ8wIwAg#

I also carry a new serpentine belt with me cause that will screw you too if it ever breaks. If you carry a spare, your back on the road in 3 minutes, if not, you're screwed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heater Core Hoses