Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TC lock up problem after cam install on 4.3

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TC lock up problem after cam install on 4.3

Just installed a cam in my 02 Xtreme 4.3 2 weeks ago, and now i'm having problems with the tc locking up. I've watched the trans temp and engine temp with a tech 2 and everything appears to be ok.

It takes several miles for it to want to lock up, if I come to a stop sign when I get back up to speed it will not work till I drive at least 3 miles without stopping. Or if I put it in Park, it will not work. It's been very hot lately here in UPstate NY, so I know tranny/engine temp aren't the problem. Once it starts working, it works fine. I disabled the engine misfire code with hptuners caused from the cam.

I've talked to a transmission shop that I know real well, they're not sure. I've talked to a few techs at my dads Chevy dealer, and again, not sure. I'd appreciate any help!!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Converter lock up is dependant on throttle position, vehicle speed and engine rpm.

You need to go back and look at the TCC tables and verify when the converter lock up feature is being commanded. It is highly possible that you are at too low a throttle position for the command to take place. But, it is always and forever will be very specific to the given combination. If you are unsure what to look for in the tables, have a reputable Tuner in your area take a look at it for you.