Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Just an update on my build

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just an update on my build

Ok, here we go. This is where I am at this point. The gentlemen of Clayton Racing Engines should be finishing up my short block this week or next, for those who havent read about my build before, the basics are 383, callies dragon slayer, compstar HD I beam rods, and CP dished pistons. and itll be running a 5 Stage Dry sump oiling system (2 in the pan, one in the lifter gallery, and one off of the turbo.) Heads: Lloyd Elliot TFS heads, Custom Cam, and LE ported intake. Turbo: GTA42(T6 flanged 4202 used on detroit diesels.) But the real point of this was to show you where I am, I have installed my BMR turbo K member, and have most of the hotside fabricated at this point. 1-3/4" primaries into a 3" pipe, with V bands into a 3" crossover. Next time I have the manifolds off of the car I'll post some better pics.

Here are the pics.
http://imgur.com/a/Mp6q1#O1twQ

The welds look waaaay worse in these pics than they actually are, even though theyre still pretty craptastic. I think I've pretty much made everything with the "wrong" tool for the job, sawzall, 4-1/2" grinder, dremel and a welder. So, a little consideration for that please . But, otherwise, let me know what you think. Just wanted to see if there was any feedback I could get. Also, let em know if anyone has any idea where the power might head on somehting like this, even though I know thats a loaded question.

But let me know.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Banned

bro u should def clean up them welds, mercy!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

theyre all going to get ground like no ones business, but they are nowhere near as bad as the camera made them look, that stupid little LED light is not a good substitute for a proper flash.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

Oh my..
Old 08-01-2011, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

but yeah, lots of grinding and pressure testin in my future, I jsut see it as, im just an idiot with a welder, and there is only one good way to learn.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:58 PM
12 Second Club

You can get a decent chop saw or a harbor freight band saw for around $200 bucks. I would cut it apart and rethink your routing, try to make smooth transitions, and practice welding on scraps.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Sadly the routing is pretty well set, there are going to be a bunch of dry sump parts in the way, I really tried to reroute so that it was less extreme but cannot. In later iterations of the design I may be able to finagle a bit more room as I change turbos etc. But, especially for later tries, I am trying to work on a new design.

Quick Reply: Just an update on my build