Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

CD changer

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD changer

I have a 2000 Camaro and a 12 disc changer to install. I have the wire harness but where does the changer actually go? The only thing I can see is the plastic "grate" underneath the carpet. The GTP that this came out of the changer was mounted off the floor. Thanks
Old 03-02-2004, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mac357
I have a 2000 Camaro and a 12 disc changer to install. I have the wire harness but where does the changer actually go? The only thing I can see is the plastic "grate" underneath the carpet. The GTP that this came out of the changer was mounted off the floor. Thanks
it does not touch the plastic grate. it goes right in front of it. if you have t-top holders, the front of the cd changer lines up exactly with the back ridge of the t-top holders. i just used two screws and drilled into the back, and then screwed the changer in with the carpet in between the changer and the metal body panel. on the underside of the car, i put some silicone around the screws to prevent any leaks, although, believe it or not, that portion of the car doesn't get wet at all when you drive in the rain. i guess GM designed something well, or just coincidentally got lucky.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Ok, thanks for the reply.