Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

NAVY FOLKS... Gone IA??

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAVY FOLKS... Gone IA??

hey guys after the last 3 years of trying to get IA orders from my command i get to take some OSA orders to Afghanistan.

i will be an RTOS at a TOC really looking forward to goin i leave the end of sept to go to 4 months of training and the will spend 10 months in country..

who has or is goin IA tell your story and give pointers.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What's your rate? My friend went IA as an AT and enjoyed it. She was already qualed on shotgun and pistol from being Auxiliary Security Force on the base gate so the training was not an issue.

A former friend (who can eat sh*t for all I care) also went IA as a tron and he enjoyed it too. Both were single and saved up cash. One bought a new Chevy Malibu the other bought a 2500 Cummins Dodge. I'm sure it's like any deployment/dettachment. Keep yourself occupied and time will fly.

I have no experience going IA. I would have gone but only had 1 year left in the Navy when I heard about it. Now I'm settled down and used to the Gov't Contractor pay. Best of luck!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Teching In

If you're working in a TOC it should be pretty chill. RTOS...I assume that has something to do with comm as an OS? Any idea what FOB you'll be at? It should be a bigger base with nicer amenities, so just be prepared to fight the war on boredom. And good luck with those Army uniforms.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JosephIV
What's your rate? My friend went IA as an AT and enjoyed it. She was already qualed on shotgun and pistol from being Auxiliary Security Force on the base gate so the training was not an issue.

A former friend (who can eat sh*t for all I care) also went IA as a tron and he enjoyed it too. Both were single and saved up cash. One bought a new Chevy Malibu the other bought a 2500 Cummins Dodge. I'm sure it's like any deployment/dettachment. Keep yourself occupied and time will fly.

I have no experience going IA. I would have gone but only had 1 year left in the Navy when I heard about it. Now I'm settled down and used to the Gov't Contractor pay. Best of luck!
im an AM2 thanks for the info man i know its goin to be a change from boat life and working on jets.

Originally Posted by thecorpsman_Z28
If you're working in a TOC it should be pretty chill. RTOS...I assume that has something to do with comm as an OS? Any idea what FOB you'll be at? It should be a bigger base with nicer amenities, so just be prepared to fight the war on boredom. And good luck with those Army uniforms.
RTOS = radio telephone operator supervisor not sure where exactly yet

what wrong with the Army uniforms? they have to be better then the NWU's when its 100+ out they suck!

thanks guys
Old 08-04-2011, 04:44 AM
Teching In

I just personally don't care for them. Then again I've never worn the NWU's since I'm greenside. Desert FROG gear is what I wear daily out here. Good luck with your deployment, shoot me a PM if you need anything.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

back from the dead....

i head out to training this sunday... also found out I'm going to be in Khost Province on FOB Chapman
Old 09-27-2011, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yelo04goat
back from the dead....

i head out to training this sunday... also found out I'm going to be in Khost Province on FOB Chapman
Good luck to you!

I did IA's my entire 5 year sea duty Navy career aside from a 2 month RIMPAC on the Reagan. I was an AD3 and will say that I would prefer 6 months in the desert over 2 on a boat...I enjoyed doing the IA's so much that when I got out i joined college ARMY ROTC

Plus being a combat zone veteran has it's pluses when you retire or get out.

Hit me up with a PM if you have any questions about ANYTHING.

Be safe and enjoy your time green side!
Old 10-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by yelo04goat
back from the dead....

Good luck on your IA! I am on IA at Camp Leatherneck and it is a definite change from going to the boat. I will agree that the ACU's suck, luckily I am on the green side, so I wear MARPATS.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:56 AM
11 Second Club

thanks guys.. ACU really aren't that bad.. i haven't worn them much but cut really complain..

here at Ft Bragg.. well outside Bragg they got us racked up in the towne place suites...

Quick Reply: NAVY FOLKS... Gone IA??