Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New fuel pumps: What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 06:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New fuel pumps: What do you guys think?

I just saw this in the new products section. They look to be very relevant to my interests.

My interests are a 1000whp capable E-85 system. Would I be correct in thinking 2 of these would meet that goal? Judging by how stable they are with added voltage looking at the charts a boost-a-pump would make it even easier.

The idea of a twin screw fuel pump is pretty cool in itself. It says they are E15 compatible. I would expect they will work with E-85.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...WSP330&eq=&Tp=

Last edited by FMX05; 08-03-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:09 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

All I can say is E15 is not E85. I would be concerned since they specifically mention that it's E15 compatible, but don't mention E85.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting. I like the fact that they are OEM pumps in the Veyron so they must have some extensive testing behind them. You'd need 2 to make 1100ish rwhp I would think. E15 is pretty much all the gas that comes out of US pumps anymore. The main concern with E85 is usually on seals, orings and hoses. Not many injector or pump manufacturers will put E85 safe on their products these days but they have all worked for me so far. Might just reduce the operating life a little. Who really gives a ****? We aren't building reliable OE cars, we are racing and beating these things to the breaking point.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know for a fact abel racing here in oklahoma made 1100rwhp or so on e85 in their vette with just 2 deatschwerks intank pumps which are externally the same as a warlboro but flow much much better and are super reliable. might be worth looking into those they seem to be doing excelent. i like the no fault warranty as well as the fact that theyre very affordable.

its this one
http://www.deatschwerks.com/300-lph-fuel-pump

Last edited by Canbarelygo; 08-03-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Interesting. I like the fact that they are OEM pumps in the Veyron so they must have some extensive testing behind them. You'd need 2 to make 1100ish rwhp I would think. E15 is pretty much all the gas that comes out of US pumps anymore. The main concern with E85 is usually on seals, orings and hoses. Not many injector or pump manufacturers will put E85 safe on their products these days but they have all worked for me so far. Might just reduce the operating life a little. Who really gives a ****? We aren't building reliable OE cars, we are racing and beating these things to the breaking point.
That is sort how I'm looking at it. People are running regular old Walbro 225's with success. These pumps really aren't that expensive if you had to replace them in 2 years. That's the cost of playing the game.

The farther along I go with my project the more it's looking like your car btw. I'm about to close a deal on some AFR 225's.

Quick Reply: New fuel pumps: What do you guys think?