Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMR K-member problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR K-member problems

I've been using BMR for years now and have been very satisfied with their products so far (I have a complete BMR rear suspension as well as the front A-arms with spring perches). However, I am having a few problems installing my BMR K-member with LS1 mounts in my 89 Camaro.

My first problem is that the upper spring perches (required to use factory springs) don't match up with the mounting holes on the K-member but DO match up with the holes in the frame rail.

My plan was to just forget the spring perches and go with the coil-over setup and hope the K-member holes do line up with the frame rail. But to do this I need to use these aluminum spacers provided with the K-member. But NONE of the aluminum spacers fit in ANY of the holes they are supposed to (see pic below). Or are the spacers supposed to go in between the the frame and k-member? The instructions say "position one washer under each of the front four main k-member bolts"

My final problem is that for the middle K-member bolt on each side, I am supposed to use the "provided bolt" and use the factory bolts in the other 4 locations. But of all the bolts they gave me, I can't seem to find which one is for mounting the K-member. In the picture below, it looks like the 4 silver ones (with washers) are for the rack and pinion and the 4 are for the lower control arms.

I hope someone on here can clear some of this up for me. I'm kind of disappointed with all these issues I'm having. I've been waiting years to get my LS1 and this K-member and now that I finally have them I'm having so much trouble getting it all in there!

Last edited by iroc-v; 08-03-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, so i'm guessing the shims are meant to go between the kmember and frame... because i just realized that putting them in between the bolt and kmember would be useless... i'm still having the issue of the "provided bolt for the middle kmember mounting bolt on each side... any help is greatly appreciated

Quick Reply: BMR K-member problems