PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 GTO MAF different then 99 F-body?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 04 GTO MAF different then 99 F-body?

Just bought a 2004 GTO and the New Era Intake was installed incorectly and was rubbing on the power steering pulley. It wore through the maf sensor. Sense this is a 04 GTO with the LS1 it has a aluminum end maf with screen and a seperate IAT. So its a 3 wire maf sensor. I have a leftover maf from a 99 f-body which looks the same and is a 3-wire with screen. I thought the maf would be a direct swap and would not require a re-tune if I left the screen in. It was my understanding you would need to change the maf tables only if you went to the larger plastic mafs. Thanks
Old 08-03-2011, 08:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car has stalled a few times at start up. I first thought it was related to the alarm and immobilizer. But then I found the damaged stock MAF. But after switching it out for the 99-Fody MAF the engine runs the same and still stalls sometimes on start up. But it doesnt do it anymore or less than before. I am thinking even though the maf was damaged and needed to be replaced it was not yet causing any issues and the stalling is not related to the maf.