Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 S10 Blazer died and wont start!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6.0 S10 Blazer died and wont start!

Im trying to figure out what happened to my truck.2000 6.0l in a 98 Blazer has been swapper for a while and just started doing this intermitently. Very randomly would die but start right back up pulling out of parking spot as soon as i would start to turn..Yesterday it got much worse and did this back to back the finally would not start .
I swapped pcms checked for loose wirnig at power nd grounds. There is no DTC's. IIt is getting fuel but no spark when this happens
I tried checking the wiring going to the cranksensor but the starter pretty much is in the way. it finally started but noticed the altrnator isnt charging and the guages are not working.

I barely made it out of the parking lot and it died again. tried wigglng the whole harness while runing and cannot get it to die. But kept dieing intermittently the whole way home and seemed to do it mostly on turns.

Does anything mentioned sound familiar to anyone?
Old 08-04-2011, 10:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

After reading that i thought you were going to say you woke up screamming and sweating from a Nightmare.

Sounds like what happened after i ran my Escalade out of gas and filled it back up, the fuel pump still worked but would randomly stop working. Do you have an intank pump?
Old 08-04-2011, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol yeah its a nightmare. Its definitely getting fuel to injector but isnot firing coils nor injectors. Plus the guages arent reading except the voltmeter.
Im about to start at ignition and work my way to the computer for power and grounds. after that maybe a cranksensor looksey and swap. after that im stumped..
Old 08-04-2011, 06:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Sounds like a Ground Problem..check the Terminals..one might be loose.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I replaced the crank sensor just beacause i had a spare, found two of the sensor wires that were chaffed bare and the alternator managed to take a dump as well.. what a coincidence but seems to be running great now. oh and the distribution block power cable from battery was loose.

Quick Reply: 6.0 S10 Blazer died and wont start!