General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help asap!!! car really acting up!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help asap!!! car really acting up!!!!

Ok, so I dont really post here much, but I like to visit and check out the threads. But I really need yall's help, especially the ones that are pro's with the electrical system. So i know its a long read but please do! By the way it is an 06 GTO LS2.

Today is the third time this has happen to me since I bought my car last year in december. The very first time I went to get into my car, like normal, I tried starting it up but nothing. When I try to crank it up it says "Fuel Gauge Error" then it says "Service Required Contact Dealer". I am clueless to why it is doing this. When I opened my hood, i could hear the fan 2 relay fuse buzzing really loud and my fan trying to turn. My doors do not lock or unluck, my radio cuts off, my windows do not roll down and my trunk does not open. My keyless remote doesn't work either when this happens. So the dealership the first time told me it was a bad ground that is connected to the BCM (Brain Computer Module) So they re-grouded it and everything was fine. Few months later, it happens again. I take it to another dealer close by and they told me all the grounds were good, that the grounds or wires was not the issue, but it was doing the exact same thing. Same message and sounds from the exact same fuse. So they replace a blue fuse number 15 (which i show at the pictures below) and give me an extra one. They said the electrical guy needed more time to figure out exactly what was causing this. But at the time I didn't have the money to pay for all that, really expensive. So I get my car back a few days later, and they give me an extra fuse incase it happened again. Well today on the way home from work, it did And again, it was doing the EXACT same thing. Luckily I had the fuse in the car that the dealer gave me. So I replace it and everything starts up fine. The dealer said it was not the fuse, but something that makes the fuse go bad.

This is really giving me a lot of trouble and sucks when it happens If yall could please please please! help me out I would really appreciate it.

The first picture below it is number 15 the second one from the bottom. The second picture is where i took it out to show which one it is. And the third picture is the white relay fuse that keeps on buzzing really loud. Again, windows won't roll down, car wont lock or unlock, keyless remote doesnt work, and my trunk wont open. Thank yall again and I really hope yall can help me out! And sorry for the long post!
Attached Thumbnails Need help asap!!! car really acting up!!!!-imag0299.jpg   Need help asap!!! car really acting up!!!!-imag0300.jpg   Need help asap!!! car really acting up!!!!-imag0301.jpg  
Old 08-05-2011, 03:26 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

What does that #15 fuse connect to? If your car was an F body I'd start looking at the BCM itself possibly being a problem, but I don't know about the GTO and whether it could have the same issue...
Old 08-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Teching In

Since that fuse keeps popping, I'm thinking that you have a short to ground somewhere in the circuit that fuse 15 protects.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Teching In

If you could get your hands on a wiring diagram for your Goat, you could find out what all is in the circuit that the 15 amp fuse controls and begin checking each element one by one until you find the short or bad connection. If you need a hand with this I have a bit of experience hunting electrical gremlins...
Old 08-06-2011, 12:50 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The fuse panel lid/cover should tell you what that 15 amp fuse is connected to...
Old 08-06-2011, 07:49 PM
wrencher

That fuse powers the PIM & the ALDL.
The PIM powers up part of the CAN network in the car.
So ya I can see it freaking out. The possibilities of DIY repair= low.
Sorry not an easy one here if it's not a ALDL componet blowing the fuse, your likely gonna need to pay someone to fix it.