New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

egr and air removal

Old 08-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default egr and air removal

so i have a 2001 ta and i removed all my emissions stuff my question is do i have to plug up anything up in the back of my manifold did a search and came up with nothing
Old 08-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Teching In

I think you just need the 2 block off plates for the exhaust manifold and one for the intake. Call me crazy, but i don't think you need to block off anything that you didn't remove a hose from. You probably need some codes tuned out.

Of course, I haven't done this myself, so I may be speaking out of my ignorance.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChevyMan88
I think you just need the 2 block off plates for the exhaust manifold and one for the intake. Call me crazy, but i don't think you need to block off anything that you didn't remove a hose from. You probably need some codes tuned out.

Of course, I haven't done this myself, so I may be speaking out of my ignorance.
This.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChevyMan88

yah i had a guy cut and weld thoses up so i wouldnt need block off plates but the air system had a round piece of plastic where 3 small air hoses went into so im wondering whenever i get my tune will the shut it of or should i plug them up

Search this Thread