Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

fixed exhaust leak, no boost

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fixed exhaust leak, no boost

have rear mount kit, and i had my egr and air exhaust ports blocked off, when i put a turbo on it blew gaskets in them and they leaked, in this condtion i was still able to watch my boost gauge hit .5psi-3psi here and there (i dont have a high boost system atm) well today went home at lunch everythings doing as it usually does, took plates off and welded the holes shut, started it up held hand to the holes no leaks nothing, ight cool, might help, i know i have a few more leaks im gunna take care of after work but, driving back to work, wont even hit 0psi or just barely does, tryed doing (i know its bad for brakes and etc but) holding breaks in 2nd and hitting the gas to build boost, usually i can hit 3-4psi this way, hit 0psi possibly .5, kinda annoyed and confused checked at work before i had to go back in and they wernt leaking or anyhting, any ideas? could be just coincidence?

also a side note, when i was checkin for leaks i noticed my BOV would constantly leak a little air past it (like 1/10th an inch open) when revving up (tryin to build boost) and when i let off fully open, feels like a decent amount of air coming throughit when i let off but revving up in N i hit max of 0psi, when i got back to work i tightened up the BOV to see if it made a diff,maybe fixed my problem, no diff at all but it dosnt leak like it did before
and sounds like it still releases a little.

any info or help is appreciated, thanks!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you blew off a cold side pipe. Check all your couplers.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i peeked at that and didnt see anything, also BOV was blowing air out of it, now heres something intersting, havnt done it enough to put to test but, this is the theory i got now so work with me a little on it lol

thining my exhaust side seal on turbo is bad, leaks oil out of DP and wastegate, well early today was driving around messin with stuff, i set my 2 step to 3600rpms and 2 stepped it in N and let off it back fired and spooled up, no boost but, ever since i did that its built boost like before and spools way quicker like before, could i have oil build up in the turbo and its slowing it down and when i 2 stepped it blew all the **** out?