General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

PLEASE HELP!! A/C - wiring problem - and I live in NC

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PLEASE HELP!! A/C - wiring problem - and I live in NC

Hey everyone, I would SO appreciate some help here. I've been living without A/C long enough in 100 degree days, really need to get this fixed. Quick background, bought the car as a mess, just pitiful. Many wiring issues mostly I'm guessing stemming from the keyed ignition not working. Have a switch to turn accessories on, and another to start the car. Looking to fix those issues later. I've checked the wiring all the way to the HVAC control panel, and just got a new one in. Still doesn't work. What I DO know is that if I take the brown wire and the solid green wire running to the plug at the top of the main On/Off control for the HVAC system, the blower will come on. I've checked continuity for each of the three wires on that plug to the plug itself, so my thought would be it would have to be the switch, since thats the only thing between the brown and green wires once its plugged back in. There are 6 big wires that run to that same main control switch, but I don't know what they do or if they control the blower/compressor coming on. If someone could give me some guidance here, I would SERIOUSLY appreciate it. Thanks everyone!

And Mods, if there is a better place for this, please move it where I'd get the most help. Thanks a ton!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What year make model car.

Does compressor cycle on when you turn the a/c on?
Old 08-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good grief...see what the heat is doing to me?!

98 Z28. Was an auto, now manual, not sure that would affect this particular problem at all though.

Also, I can get the blower to come on by connecting the brown and green wires manually...the switch does nothing...I have to connect the wires themselves, but at least I know the blower relay is good because it will come on when I touch the wires together. Thanks!