Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker headers, tsp catted ypipe, slp loudmouth 2 catback

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooker headers, tsp catted ypipe, slp loudmouth 2 catback

I have the slp loudmouth 2 catback. And im getting hooker 1 3/4 headers and texas speed catted ypipe. Who can install it on and how much hp am i gonna see with and without a tune
Old 08-05-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're able, I recommend doing it yourself. The experience and pride alone will be worth the time, let alone the money it will save you.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Im not very good mechanically and i dont have a lift
Old 08-05-2011, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

you dont need a lift, and the mechanical skills for a header install are nill. Most people do them on jackstands and get it done within a weekend. I just did it for my first time and the install was straightforward, just time consuming and tedious. Expect to pay at least $500 for a shop to install your headers. You should be able to pick up maybe 15-20rwhp with headers and y pipe
Old 08-06-2011, 12:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by matt224
you dont need a lift, and the mechanical skills for a header install are nill. Most people do them on jackstands and get it done within a weekend. I just did it for my first time and the install was straightforward, just time consuming and tedious. Expect to pay at least $500 for a shop to install your headers. You should be able to pick up maybe 15-20rwhp with headers and y pipe
True story!

I plan on doing my own, and I've never done it before. Could be worse... you're not messing with internal parts.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by idle
True story!

I plan on doing my own, and I've never done it before. Could be worse... you're not messing with internal parts.
It's really not that bad. Make sure you have all the right parts. Find someone who has installed those headers and ask what kinds of problems they ran into. When i did mime, we Could Not get them to fit. The guy that was with me remembered someone saying you had to take the oil pan drain plug out. That and shaving the tab on the drivers side just a hair and they went in. Find a buddy who was some pretty tall jack stands and if you have basic tools you can do it.

If you really want to pay someone, dependingon your area I would think 3-4 hundred. Find someone who has done it before. I got fed up with a couple people having my car for a day and then saying it wasnt worth their time. Read some how to's to at least get the parts. Have fun with it and be careful.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

It honestly is a pretty simple install. As stated above - if you have a small tool set and some jack stands you can easily do it yourself. There are plenty of write-ups on this site as well you can follow step by step to complete it. If you know which way to turn the ratchet then you can do this with a buddy or two. It'll make it that much easier and quicker with more sets of hands.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 85CamaroZ28
It's really not that bad. Make sure you have all the right parts. Find someone who has installed those headers and ask what kinds of problems they ran into. When i did mime, we Could Not get them to fit. The guy that was with me remembered someone saying you had to take the oil pan drain plug out. That and shaving the tab on the drivers side just a hair and they went in. Find a buddy who was some pretty tall jack stands and if you have basic tools you can do it.

If you really want to pay someone, dependingon your area I would think 3-4 hundred. Find someone who has done it before. I got fed up with a couple people having my car for a day and then saying it wasnt worth their time. Read some how to's to at least get the parts. Have fun with it and be careful.
All good advise.....
Old 08-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by idle
True story!

Post up in the indy thread in the midwest section, alot of us have done them and will be happy to help if you need it.

Quick Reply: Hooker headers, tsp catted ypipe, slp loudmouth 2 catback