Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering Edelbrock LT's- Any input welcome

Old 03-02-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Considering Edelbrock LT's- Any input welcome

Well, I'm not willing to spend $1000-1200 for stainless, so that leaves me in the coated arena. Was considering Pacesetters, next thing up is Hooker, which is considerably more money. Then I saw a post about Edelbrocks and know they usually have a good product. Same price as pacesetters. I guess mild steel Kooks are the only other option I've found. Anyone with before/after 1/4 times, I'd love to see them. I believe Pacesetters are worth about 2/10ths or 20-24 rwhp. Not sure of the rest. I've heard about a lot of banging issues with pacesetters, don't want to deal with that. Any other sponsors besides SD that sell them?
Old 03-03-2004, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

How about this: are Hookers worth $170 more than pacesetters? Edelbrocks are out since I have a stock cube engine (stepped design).
Old 03-03-2004, 07:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theres nothing wrong with using the stepped headers on a stock cube engine unless you are stock internal. then its really not going to be beneficial to you. But you do have a cam. If anything, you could pick up a lil more TQ from the stepped headers. but they arent coated, so you would have to spend the money to have them done.

Pacesetters are a very good header. Great design and fit. The hookers are a good header also. Ive installed just about every brand (aside from QTPs) and those are both good ones.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the input. I'm a waffling freak but considering biting the bullet and getting stainless Kooks. I just really like the idea of the price on Pacesetters. I noticed Scoggin D has Hookers for $569 (misprint?). I guess if I don't buy stainless I might as well get Pacesetters huh?
Old 03-03-2004, 09:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Like i said...the coated pacesetters are very nice. I have a few friends that have them. The stainless Kooks are def worth the money.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Staging Lane

I just installed the pacesetter headers. I paid $600 for them coated and the ory plus sims and extensions. Here are my thoughts. The pacesetter is a nice header and had a nice coat.

Clearance: Great as they sit tucked up very well.
Fitment: Passenger side fits great. Driver side totally disappointed. Had to notch the frame and custom fab some steel and weld it in. NOt a big deal but should not have been an issue.

Ypipe: passenger side butted up to header. Pacesetter didn't have it that it would slip over so I had to use an expanding tool and fuss with it. Once again no biggy but an inconvenience. If I had not taken this all to my buddy to fix though, it would not have been a nice thing. THe average person without all the proper tools would have no chance of completing the job.

Would I recommen Pacesetters? I would personally spend the extra dollars and get a header that can just go in without problems. I am sure that there are pacesetters that have no issues but you don't know which one you will be getting.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

I'm down to Hookers or Kooks now. I do need something that will last a decent while. I've not heard any bad about hookers but have seen quite a few fitment and quality issues with Pacesetter, which I would say is expected for the price, but they've gone up twice.
Thanks again BLKWS6
Old 03-03-2004, 10:53 AM
TECH Veteran

No prob
Old 03-03-2004, 02:33 PM
TECH Veteran

do some seaches on them
Old 03-03-2004, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

There wasn't shaznat on Edelbrocks
Old 03-06-2004, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/136577-check-out-my-new-edelbrock-competition-headers.html
Old 03-06-2004, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I picked up my edelbrocks yesterday, its part number 6570, they are 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8" with merge collectors and 3.5" pipes. the quality looks to be very good, I was impressed with what I got, it came with new gaskets, header bolts, 02 extensions, and all the emmissions hookups if you choose to run that. the only thing I need to do is have the 02 bungs welded in, it comes with them but its up to you where you want them installed. I will post some pics in the next day or so and show everybody what i got. I also got my cam yesterday, its a comp xe-r 242/248 .610.615 110, kinda like the thunder TreX, car should move along pretty well with this stuff installed

Search this Thread