General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Officially utterly bamboozled (electrical)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 09:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Officially utterly bamboozled (electrical)

Background - My camaro has been under a car cover since last sunday. I changed the oil today, had a friend help me with deleting the factory power steering cooler and adding in a new one.

First off the interior (courtesy) lights will NOT go off, gauge cluster lights, HVAC lights, radio lights, will NOT turn on, fuse looked ok. The clock just goes dark, doesnt even dim when I turn the lights on. And when I press the lock button on the key fob, it used to honk twice at me. Now it doesnt honk at all on the first press, and on the second press it honks once.

Dunno wtf happend maybe while we were flushing the power steering fluid it got on a ground or something? I saw a alot of back slpash from the pan, underneathe the car.

My car has a push button start. I had my friend start it for me, but he tried turning the key all the way to start it like a normal car, and tried pressing the start button at the same time. Not sure if he was pushing the clutch in or not. Idk hes not a car person. But I heard alot of clicking goin on while he was doing that. Not sure if that has anything to do with it at all. Just trying to give all the details.

Im very upset I wanted to take this car to florida sunday morning but looks like im taking the boring car on a thousand mile drive

ANY insight on any of this im all ears