LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

cps broke in my timing chain cover..

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cps broke in my timing chain cover..

what can i do short of taking the timing chain cover off to get this thing out.. the crankshaft position sensor broke in half i got the plug end out the other half is in the timing chain cover i was thinking drill two holes very carefully on either side of the sensor to get son small needle nose to pull it out or work on it with some dentistry picks im so frustrated all this work and now this..
Old 08-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by musclecarkid18
what can i do short of taking the timing chain cover off to get this thing out..
Nothing other than take the timing cover off. No reason to ruin it by drilling to get the rest of the sensor out. You also need to find out why it broke. That may entail taking the cover off anyway as well as taking apart the entire engine.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not drilling the cover Im talking about drilling the sensor to get it out obviously the timing cover would not work too well with holes drilled in it. The sensor broke when I tried to replace it. it didnt break on its own there is no catastrophic engine failure that Im aware of.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by musclecarkid18
Im not drilling the cover Im talking about drilling the sensor to get it out obviously the timing cover would not work too well with holes drilled in it. The sensor broke when I tried to replace it. it didnt break on its own there is no catastrophic engine failure that Im aware of.
You do that you run the risk of getting plastic shavings in your oil pan. Just take the cover off.

Quick Reply: cps broke in my timing chain cover..