PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best tuner around......was closed??

Old 08-06-2011, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default best tuner around......was closed??

My search for the best tuner around was closed???? Not for sure what happened there. I might be too far along to do email style tunes. I need to find some where to go that can dyno tune. I know a few that I have in mind but would like to hear more suggestions.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm thinking I only want a days drive to get there so 1000 miles or less from zip code 50021.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why do you think you're too far along for an email tune? A good tuner can send you a solid baseline that is safe for your setup, do some logging, send it back, and he should be able to do anything he could in person. Not as convenient as in-person but it works, plus it gets you familiar with the software.

WOT tuning on the dyno would be nice, but if you don't have any reputable tuners in your area I would not settle just because one has a dyno.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tan327
Why do you think you're too far along for an email tune? A good tuner can send you a solid baseline that is safe for your setup, do some logging, send it back, and he should be able to do anything he could in person. Not as convenient as in-person but it works, plus it gets you familiar with the software.

WOT tuning on the dyno would be nice, but if you don't have any reputable tuners in your area I would not settle just because one has a dyno.
I've been do email tunes for about three years now. It works really good with bolt ons but there are drawbacks when stuff becomes heavily modified. I find myself spending months doing datalogs. It would be nice to take it somewhere and get it done.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by scooter k
I've been do email tunes for about three years now. It works really good with bolt ons but there are drawbacks when stuff becomes heavily modified. I find myself spending months doing datalogs. It would be nice to take it somewhere and get it done.
Ah makes sense, hopefully you've been adding mods within those 3 months because if it's taking your tuner that long to get the same setup right then you definitely need to find someone else.

I'd check out Speed Inc in Chicago, House of Boost in KS(200 miles from you), or Mike Norris in Indianapolis.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tan327
Ah makes sense, hopefully you've been adding mods within those 3 months because if it's taking your tuner that long to get the same setup right then you definitely need to find someone else.

I'd check out Speed Inc in Chicago, House of Boost in KS(200 miles from you), or Mike Norris in Indianapolis.

There isn't anything stock on it. Dual pump setup running E85, Forced Induction, etc etc....Well it ends up taking alot of time. You send a log and turn around time being 5 days or so. Takes awhile to get the tune nailed down so 15 or so tunes. Throw in busy times, holidays, and vacations for the tuner. If I average 1 tune per week.....15 weeks but it doesn't work out that way. I enjoy the whole build process but the tuning process not so much. I guess mostly because I feel helpless because I don't know enough about it.
The months of tuning is my fault though. I go all summer tuning and then spend all winter changing the whole setup and then tune some more....
Old 08-06-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not for sure but I had heard House of Boost lost employees???? Hard to get anything done there??? Just a rumor but not sure. Speed Inc won't do it running pump E85. Mike Norris and AMS performance may be possible. I don't know much about them. AMS is definitely highly experienced with Evo's and stuff like that. Would like to hear feedback on GM stuff though.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:00 PM
FormerVendor

You have HPT correct?
Did you ever sent me your tune to look at?
Old 08-07-2011, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think email tuning is going to work this time.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:42 AM
FormerVendor

I wasn't thinking about an Email tune at all
Old 08-09-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bumpttt

Search this Thread