Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Techna-Fit brake lines.......how to install.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Techna-Fit brake lines.......how to install.....

I have the 6 line kit (ABS/TCS).

I'm needing to know the proper order to take off each old line and replace with the new ones. I have all new fluid so I want to do a full fluid drain and bleed as we replace them line-by-line.

Which order do we do it so we can slowly bleed as we go and add new fluid so we don't run the master cylinder dry....but also get all the old fluid out?

Thanks....

Old 08-07-2011, 05:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

pretty sure your supposed to do the farthest wheel from the master first and work that way
Old 08-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by djfury05
pretty sure your supposed to do the farthest wheel from the master first and work that way
So if thats the right way...do I go ahead and do the RR brake line, then bleed it until the new fresh fluid starts coming out that line? Then go ahead a do the rest in that order until new fluid comes out?

I'm trying to also have a complete fluid flush too.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd do the drops to the rear axle first, then the rear caliper lines, and then do the flush and new fluid to the rear. If you do the calipers first, purge and flush, and then do the lines that drop to the axle, you'll just be wasting all the new fluid you pushed to the calipers, since all that has to be flushed out to purge the air in the lines you just installed upstream of those.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Element
I'd do the drops to the rear axle first, then the rear caliper lines, and then do the flush and new fluid to the rear. If you do the calipers first, purge and flush, and then do the lines that drop to the axle, you'll just be wasting all the new fluid you pushed to the calipers, since all that has to be flushed out to purge the air in the lines you just installed upstream of those.
So if I do that....the only "old" fluid that will be in the system as far as I can figure will be the "old" fluid in the lines to the two front calipers where the fluid splits off to those two front lines.....right?
Then just replace the two front lines and bleed them, while adding more new fluid till new fluid comes out those two lines....that should mean the entire system has fresh fluid......right?

I'm wondering though.....if I bleed the first front line, will old dirty fluid sitting in the other front line be sucked over to the side I'm bleeding first????

Can I open both front bleed valves at the same time...two people, with a third pouring in new fluid?

Is that confusing..... lol

Old 08-08-2011, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do the rears, the front lines should be the only place that still has old fluid (ignoring the ABS block, since you have to signal that to purge it...no manual way I know of doing it).

I don't think any dirty fluid would get sucked over, but not 100% sure on that. I'd do the fronts one at a time, just to minimize the chance of running the master dry.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Element
If you do the rears, the front lines should be the only place that still has old fluid (ignoring the ABS block, since you have to signal that to purge it...no manual way I know of doing it).

I don't think any dirty fluid would get sucked over, but not 100% sure on that. I'd do the fronts one at a time, just to minimize the chance of running the master dry.
Alrighty....we'll do it that way. Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: Techna-Fit brake lines.......how to install.....