PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES code check with out scanner?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default SES code check with out scanner?

so my SES light just came on cause i left the evap unpluged (the little red plug on the drivers side that plugs in to a thing that goes to the intake manifold (looks like a second fuel line) and now it wont go away, even after unplugging the battery. is there a way to check the code without a scanner, like turn the ignition on and off 3 times or something like that? if i cant figure it out in a week, i will take it to Ellis @ Speed secrets, but would like for it to just figure it out for my self
Old 08-08-2011, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should have the code(s) read with a scanner - places like Autozone will read them free. '93 was the last year you could check them by connecting two pins at the DLC. Instead of disconnecting the battery you can reset the entire PCM using a procedure pulling the PCM BATT and PCM IGN fuses but be prepared for a rough idle at first because it needs to relearn. Search PCM reset to find it, if you can't find it I'll post the procedure tonight.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still recommend getting the PCM read, could be something else going on and return within a cycle or two. History codes will also reset. Here's the procedure:

Turn key on, don't start car
Pull PCM BATT and PCM IGN fuses in engine compartment
Wait 5-10 min
Turn ignition off
Replace fuses
Old 08-08-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yea it was just what i thought it was, EVAP system forgot to plug it in, stupid me! autozone scanned it for free and erased the code