Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nozzle vs plate, which is for me

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default nozzle vs plate, which is for me

so as the title says is there any benefit going from a wet nozzle to a plate? the main things i wanna know are will it possibley gain some rwhp through better distribution. what about rwtq? maybe the ability to actually spray more nitrous and bump up the shot? and will it hit any harder than a nozzle? im just tryn to convince myself to change over to a plate and i need a little reasoning from someone with some first hand experience.

and maybe give me some pros and cons of each so the good and bad of both are understood
Old 08-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

No con's to a plate. Cleaner, better distribution, more flow.

They can definitely spray more safely. The only power you are going to pick up per say from distribution is if you had to soften the tune up to keep cylinders alive.

You are simply better off with a plate. But to add, not all plate are created equally. There are definitely better designs than others.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Launching!

well i have a NOS plate just hangin out here im thinkin about stickin on there. but being that your the guru what would you suggest? do you think i should run with it or get another plate?
Old 08-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by Canbarelygo
well i have a NOS plate just hangin out here im thinkin about stickin on there. but being that your the guru what would you suggest? do you think i should run with it or get another plate?
What power level are you looking at spraying?

Hardly a guru. Just another Gearhead who got a lucky job occupation.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is nothing wrong with a nozzle around a 100 shot. its cheaper and works just fine.

If your just going to spray 75 - 125 a single nozzle works great!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

I wouldn't run more than 100-125 with that NOS plate.

Same jet, same converter, same gears, same tires, same truck, I picked up a little 60' and mph with the plate over the nozzle. Of course track conditions may have played a roll also but conditions were similar...Plus it sounds cooler when I bang it through the motor with the plate (LOL) since plates do hit harder initially than a nozzle
Old 08-09-2011, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

Geezus, I just realized who I was talking to here
Old 08-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Launching!

Bahahahaha I wondered if you noticed. But idk I may peek around at other plate options I was just wondering if I could spray more as well as have it hit a tad harder
Old 08-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by Canbarelygo
Bahahahaha I wondered if you noticed. But idk I may peek around at other plate options I was just wondering if I could spray more as well as have it hit a tad harder
IMO, I would treat that plate as a nozzle as far as distribution. If you are looking for a "better" option or to go above the 150hp, then I would consider our plate. If not stick with what you have. It will work for what you would need at smaller shots.

Quick Reply: nozzle vs plate, which is for me