Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox guys with lsx ,i have a ? about aje mounts

Old 08-10-2011, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Fox guys with lsx ,i have a ? about aje mounts

How many bolts are you using with your aje motor mounts to the block..im wondering if jegs messed up an sent me the wrong set or is it just like this..i have only 3 holes in my mount per side that line up.

the mount is as yall know is slopped at one end and it is just not long enough to reach the back hole at all then the other one out of the 5 holes is covered by the mount its self..

Below the is a quick drawing of what im talking about the red is the only bolts i can use on it the 2 others i cant..the top one the plate isnt long enough and then the other bottom one is not even close..the plate its self is covering the hole..

Old 08-10-2011, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am only using 3 also
Old 08-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Whenever I did the swap I also only used 3 bolts also
Old 08-10-2011, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

3 here as well, make sure both your moutns are the same. Jegs sent me one for a 4.6 and one for an lsx.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im using 3 as well.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks..the mounts are the same..guess its good to go
Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

3 here too. I questioned the guys at AJE about this & was told 3 was adequate. Not sure why the hell they don't make a better fitting mount, must be used in other applications too.

Also, if you trim the angled end off you can flip them, setting the engine closer to the firewall. WARNING - this may cause fitment issues with their trans crossmembers and/or headers, don't ask me how I know.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by boostnut
3 here too. I questioned the guys at AJE about this & was told 3 was adequate. Not sure why the hell they don't make a better fitting mount, must be used in other applications too.

Also, if you trim the angled end off you can flip them, setting the engine closer to the firewall. WARNING - this may cause fitment issues with their trans crossmembers and/or headers, don't ask me how I know.
I know this is resurrecting something from the dead, but it came up on the search I did so I will ask and hopefully one of you can tell me.

Which way do the mounts go on the block? I thought I read somewhere that the angled end (which is for sbc engines) goes facing the back for an LS engine. I just got the original k member taken out last night and would like to try getting the new k member put in. Had an idea of bolting the block to the k member and sliding it under the car, then using the engine hoist to lift block and k member up so I can bolt it in place. Yes, I am working by myself..
Old 04-02-2016, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigEd_72455
I know this is resurrecting something from the dead, but it came up on the search I did so I will ask and hopefully one of you can tell me.

Which way do the mounts go on the block? I thought I read somewhere that the angled end (which is for sbc engines) goes facing the back for an LS engine. I just got the original k member taken out last night and would like to try getting the new k member put in. Had an idea of bolting the block to the k member and sliding it under the car, then using the engine hoist to lift block and k member up so I can bolt it in place. Yes, I am working by myself..
One other thing I have looked at.. If you can measure and drill the 4th bolt hole, you can notch the mount to fit the bolt in. It will have to be first in last out when unbolting the engine, but it's possible. you will only need a 1 inch bolt and flat washer for that spot.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Don't know if you figured it out already, but you are correct that the mounts go with the angled end towards the back.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I did. Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fox guys with lsx ,i have a ? about aje mounts