Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I do this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Can I do this?

I am building a Factory Five GTM using a L33 out of a 2005 Silverado (24x). The GTM uses C5 Corvette as the donor. I will be running the TB, TAC, TCM, and computer from the LS1 (though I still have the computer and TB out of the truck). I will be using the fuel tanks and pumps from out of the Corvette. I would like to use the Vortec harness. Basicly only the engine and injectors will be different than what the Corvette runs stock. It is my understanding these parts are interchangable and know both engines are 24X. I plan to reuse the 5.3 stock injectors on an aftermarket fuel rail. I have both DBW off the Vette as well as the Vortec.

So the question is.....can I use the Vette stuff while using a Vortec harness? I see custom harnesses on ebay (SSP and Lsparks) but niether have responded to request to build a custom harness. Any advice would be great.

Suggestions?
Old 08-11-2011, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone?
Old 08-12-2011, 01:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Without looking at the schematics for the two engines I can't say for certain but chances are good that the harness won't have the same pinouts. If you have the vette pcm, tac, and throttle pedal, you would probably be better off getting a vette harness.