Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pace Setter LT Headers Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pace Setter LT Headers Problem

I found some long tube headers and ory pipe for about $320. And i know why. These headers don't have an air or egr hook up. Now I would delete these but I don't have a tuner. Now is there a way to weld some pipes together to make these work with my stock ls1. It has stock manifolds on. If you could help me out so I could get these on before the woodward dream cruise. Thanks
Old 08-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dbombach
I found some long tube headers and ory pipe for about $320. And i know why. These headers don't have an air or egr hook up. Now I would delete these but I don't have a tuner. Now is there a way to weld some pipes together to make these work with my stock ls1. It has stock manifolds on. If you could help me out so I could get these on before the woodward dream cruise. Thanks
Just ditch your egr, your gonna have a CEL anyway when you delete your cats. Its the easiest thing to do and cleans up the engine bay nicely as well.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SnakeEaterTA
Just ditch your egr, your gonna have a CEL anyway when you delete your cats. Its the easiest thing to do and cleans up the engine bay nicely as well.
I planned on blocking the O2 sensors. So my CEL won't be on 24/7. Which will be annoying, If i can't find a solution, Ill just get rid of air and egr.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah just ditch the AIR and EGR. I would say you can put up with the cel until u get to a tuner. Good luck
Old 08-13-2011, 01:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SmokinAce
Yeah just ditch the AIR and EGR. I would say you can put up with the cel until u get to a tuner. Good luck
well i dont want to get rid of the air because it makes that POPPING noise that i love, but my neighbors dont haha. I have the gasket that goes to that tube on the exhaust manifold. I was going to make a template out metal, weld that to some pipe, and weld it to the headers. but i dont know where to drill the hole for the pipe. My car is a daily driver, so if i would match it up, it would be down. i dont know if this sounds like a good plan
Old 08-13-2011, 02:39 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your going through alot of trouble to make stuff you dont need work
Old 08-13-2011, 02:57 AM
Restricted User

Sounds like a bad plan. you need to get the car retuned since your taking out the cats. Delete the egr like everyone said and don't F**** up your headers for no reason. You need a tune with all ur adding and deleting so don't cheap out. Good luck