Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I do this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Can I do this?

I am building a Factory Five GTM using a L33 out of a 2005 Silverado (24x). The GTM uses C5 Corvette as the donor. I will be running the TB, TAC, TCM, and computer from the LS1 (though I still have the computer and TB out of the truck). I will be using the fuel tanks and pumps from out of the Corvette. I would like to use the Vortec harness. Basicly only the engine and injectors will be different than what the Corvette runs stock. It is my understanding these parts are interchangable and know both engines are 24X. I plan to reuse the 5.3 stock injectors on an aftermarket fuel rail. I have both DBW off the Vette as well as the Vortec.

So the question is.....can I use the Vette stuff while using a Vortec harness? I see custom harnesses on ebay (SSP and Lsparks) but niether have responded to request to build a custom harness. Any advice would be great.

Suggestions?
Old 08-12-2011, 02:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

As long as the reluctors are the same it should work fine as you mix/match parts. The tuner will need to know the setup so he can get the base tune setup correctly, obviously.

Moving to conversions.........
Old 08-12-2011, 07:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes you can use the Vette stuff with the Vortec harness (you may have to repin the throttle body connector depending on what year it is from). Remember that the harness from the TAC module to the Pedal is different and must be matched to the TAC/Pedal you are using. Also, as stated previously, make sure the tune matches the throttle body/pedal/tac you are using.

One last thing, if you are using the truck harness with a car intake the MAP is in a different location. Hope this helps. Call us with more questions, we are here to help.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 08-12-2011, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will work. I did what you are trying to do on my swap, though my Vortec harness and PCM was from a 6.0L, not a 5.3L. You will need to use all of the Corvette DBW stuff (TAC module, pedal, throttle body), and TAC to pedal harness) together - try to avoid mixing and matching between truck and Corvette stuff.

Quick Reply: Can I do this?