Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Poly motor and trans mounts

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poly motor and trans mounts

Does anyone have a link or how-to on installing poly motor mounts into the stock clam shell brackets for 93-97 lt1?

I did some searching and it's all mixed reviews, many guys say they love the poly mounts, many say they give too much vibration. With my 383/CC306, there is so much noise and vibration from the cam being so choppy anyway, I don't think it will matter.

How much of an improvement do the poly motor/trans mounts make? Specifically on a big H/C car?
Old 08-12-2011, 03:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

only 1 way to find out......install them.......i think the old LT clam shells are similar to the LS shells......just grind off/out the rivets and pop in the new units and bolt the shells together
Old 08-12-2011, 08:24 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It will definitely help control the movement in the engine and transmission but there will be some trade-offs. There will be some more noticeable vibrations but I personally think they are worth it. If you are interested in the motor mounts and trans mount give me a call and I can get you set up with them.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 08-13-2011, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've got poly motor mounts and a rubber trans mount and there are no super noticeable vibrations, but my factory rubber motor mounts were completely collapsed. I haven't put a poly trans mount on because I have heard that they can transfer a lot of vibrations and noise, but if I break another rubber one then I'm gonna throw one on.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:21 PM
TECH Regular

Don't get the wild idea of throwing soild mounts in the car. I kick my *** daily for going with solid mounts over the poly mounts. My car vibrates and rattles like hell, and it is stock cubes/stock cam. As soon as i get the chance, Im jerking these things out of the car and putting in some poly mounts.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

I think they make a big improvement. My car vibrates less, shakes less, etc. Before, after I did my cam swap and what not, the engine shook a lot. Turned out one rubber of my engine mounts and the tranny mounts cracked through lol.

Wouldn't every clam shell install be the same? Split it in half and bolt it back together with supplied hardware.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Im putting in energy engine mounts this week end. When u guys changed them how long did it take? And what is the easiest and fastest way to do it?
From looking there is like no room! any tips or advice will be appreciated. thanks
Old 08-20-2011, 08:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Someone started spreading a rumor a long time ago about poly trans mounts adding horrible vibration and it needs to go away. I've ran poly trans mounts on 3 cars and they do slightly vibrate after initial install but they wear off within a week easy, and its barely even noticeable that first week. After that they soften up and you will never know its there until you go wide open and notice your shifter stays firm put and not rising up into the roof anymore. Great investment. I have yet to try out poly motor mounts yet because honestly I just don't feel like installing them, but hope to someday
Old 08-21-2011, 01:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's a TAD more vibration, but in all honesty, if I didn't KNOW there were poly mounts in my car, I wouldn't really feel the difference......

Quick Reply: Poly motor and trans mounts