Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who ports TFS 220 heads?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Who ports TFS 220 heads?

I checked out TEA and A.I's websites, but didn't see any info on the TFS As Cast Heads. Anyone know where you can go to get them ported and the approximate cost?
Old 08-13-2011, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

TEA ports them as does A.I.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

I do have a couple options for the TFS 220cc as cast head. We initially did it for shops who were comfortable w/ the valve mass, spring setup, etc. that TFS uses.

No real results as of yet since we haven't taken the time to really try and sell the work. While better than racing different benches, because there are before/after #'s from the same test setup, we'd still caution that flow #'s aren't a good way to predict performance. Granted, for guys who already have the 220's, and could use more potential, the gain should be appreciable. Little engines w/ tiny cams won't gain as much as higher RPM, higher lift, or increased displacement apps.

http://www.advancedinduction.com/Ima..._Flowsheet.png

There's also an ~22Xcc version I have not taken the time to program. Pricing will be similar to our other full CNC work & labor since that is what it is. However, since we'd like to get more out there for a better idea of how they work in varied applications I'm amenable to a slight easing on pricing for the next group of them. If you already have the as cast TFS setup, and are interested, shoot us an email for pricing.

Thanks for your interest!

-Phil
Old 08-13-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Advanced Induction
I do have a couple options for the TFS 220cc as cast head. We initially did it for shops who were comfortable w/ the valve mass, spring setup, etc. that TFS uses.

No real results as of yet since we haven't taken the time to really try and sell the work. While better than racing different benches, because there are before/after #'s from the same test setup, we'd still caution that flow #'s aren't a good way to predict performance. Granted, for guys who already have the 220's, and could use more potential, the gain should be appreciable. Little engines w/ tiny cams won't gain as much as higher RPM, higher lift, or increased displacement apps.

http://www.advancedinduction.com/Ima..._Flowsheet.png

There's also an ~22Xcc version I have not taken the time to program. Pricing will be similar to our other full CNC work & labor since that is what it is. However, since we'd like to get more out there for a better idea of how they work in varied applications I'm amenable to a slight easing on pricing for the next group of them. If you already have the as cast TFS setup, and are interested, shoot us an email for pricing.

Thanks for your interest!

-Phil

Thanks for the info Phil. I don't have the heads right now, but should in a month or so if all goes as planned. I will definatley shoot you an e-mail for pricing once I get them. I've heard nothing but good things about you and your company, so I know I'll be in good hands.

Also, thanks for posting up that graph. Those are some real impressive flow numbers, especially at .600 and .650.

Last edited by Rise of the Phoenix; 08-13-2011 at 07:44 PM.