Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

New member with a cam question

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member with a cam question

I have seen a lot of talk on this board previously from a member called Patrick G about reverse split cams. I have an 05 LS2 GTO with a reverse split cam in it and many other mods, I was wondering if he can give me some good insight on this cam because it is a custom ground one and tell me if the setup is correct and what I can possibly do to improve on it, and anyone else here who is knowledgeable on reverse splits.

Here is all of my specs:

- Comp cam 232/228 .574/.569 115LSA
- ASP Underdrive pulley at max 25%
- Vacuum pump from GZ Motorsports
- Yank SY3500 rpm stall converter (ends up flashing into 4000 RPM on spirited runs, which is where I have just a little more power anyways)
- Yella Terra 1.7 roller rockers
- TSP hardened pushrods
- Stage 2 ported LS2 intake (helped tremendously in getting a huge kick in top end power)
- Built tranny with increased line pressures and TC engage set to 60 mph (I know, kinda ridiculous, but oh well!)

- Team scss poly tranny mount (sweet mod as far as stability is concerned!)
- HP tuned to 12.6 AFR with a full SD tune, still trying to fix the RPM to 750 to get that nasty lope out of the cam which sounds REAL NICE!
- Full exhaust (catted, yes I am a CA car) with an X-pipe (yes it actually did help pick up some more HP) 2.5" piping and Corsa DB reds which I'll be replacing soon with some new stainless MAC flowpath mufflers
- I have full pedders suspension with a harrop cover and full pedders bushings.

- Stock 3.46 gears and rear end

Any ideas? Is this setup correct as far as cam to converter matched up correctly? Would this cam benefit from .040 thinner head gaskets and milling of the heads .030? Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by Impulsive05GTO; 08-16-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Bump? Anything from anyone?
Old 08-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Anyone?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Teching In

What kind of numbers does she put down?
Old 08-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Teching In

To be honest with you I have no idea. I have never gotten the chance to dyno her and I'm in fort leonard wood missouri right now way far away from the car. I'm going to give it a conservative 415-420rwhp just to be on the safe side. I still have to install the vacuum pump so that should give me some more power out of it. I still am a little undecided on which of two otr intakes I'm going to put on it right now though but I know the home made one I got works real well if the car isn't sitting at a light for too long.

I actually should be throwing a eaton tru trac out back on it soon when I get home as well with the stock 3.46 gears on it still. I know the stocker rear eats up a lot of BHP that would otherwise be getting transferred to the wheels.

Quick Reply: New member with a cam question