Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

putting 4 channel rear end in 3 channel car

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting 4 channel rear end in 3 channel car

ok my 3 channel stock rear end is toast. i found a 4 channel one. question is, if i put it on, will my abs not work? will the lights come on? will it not pass inspection? obviously i will not have tcs, but can it be hooked up?

NEED AN ANSWER ASAP OR IM GOING TO LOOSE OUT ON THIS ONE AND HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER
Old 08-15-2011, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

you can make them work but you have to drill a hole in the top of the housing and change the internal reluctor ring to the 4 chn. i would just keep looking if i were you. you should be able to find a good 3chn
Old 08-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Teching In

yeah... its just a risk... and i need it to work. i can only afford to do this this one last time. (already had to get one new rear for this car). trouble is i need it fixed soon....
Old 08-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Anybody close to northern va have a good 3 channel rear?????????????
Old 08-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00ssmg
you can make them work but you have to drill a hole in the top of the housing and change the internal reluctor ring to the 4 chn. i would just keep looking if i were you. you should be able to find a good 3chn

if i get this one and put it in, i believe all my brake lights will come on (hand brake, abs, and well, i dont have it, but tcs or maybe low trac or something) but if that happens, how can i get them all off? especially ABS and BRAKE

Quick Reply: putting 4 channel rear end in 3 channel car