Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

what blower to replace my v9 with??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what blower to replace my v9 with??

guys,im running a vortech v9 on a 408 ls1... it was on the car when i bought it...the car makes about 600 hp...i was talking to the guys at vortech today to see if i could do anything else with it to get more power... and they tell me im at the upward limit of it...ive got an all forged pretty nice motor...id like to stick with a blower instead of a turbo because ive allready got my exhaust done...slp headers etc...hate to throw that all away too....does anyone make a blower kit that will fit under the hood that i can get more than 5 lbs of boost out of.......vortech told me the v9 supports 575 hp and can make 25lbs of boost...i think i just have too much motor for it.....im only getting 6lbs out of it but its spinning about 65000 at my 6k rpm shift point.....any advice on trying to spray it with the v9????or whats my best blower option.....wanting to make more power...thanks
Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jonesbs9
guys,im running a vortech v9 on a 408 ls1... it was on the car when i bought it...the car makes about 600 hp...i was talking to the guys at vortech today to see if i could do anything else with it to get more power... and they tell me im at the upward limit of it...ive got an all forged pretty nice motor...id like to stick with a blower instead of a turbo because ive allready got my exhaust done...slp headers etc...hate to throw that all away too....does anyone make a blower kit that will fit under the hood that i can get more than 5 lbs of boost out of.......vortech told me the v9 supports 575 hp and can make 25lbs of boost...i think i just have too much motor for it.....im only getting 6lbs out of it but its spinning about 65000 at my 6k rpm shift point.....any advice on trying to spray it with the v9????or whats my best blower option.....wanting to make more power...thanks
Procharger F1A should give you what you want. Talk to Bob at EPP
Old 08-16-2011, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stngtamr29
Procharger F1A should give you what you want. Talk to Bob at EPP
lol, no longer Bob@EPP, hes now Bob@Brutespeed.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:47 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by jonesbs9
If you were talking to Vortech, werent they able to suggest something ?

I'm sure the most likely option is the V7 YSi. It's the biggest "small" blower that they do. Next stage up is massive.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

T trim or ysi. I'd say ysi all the way. If you wanna stay vortech you could look into rmcr kits, or if you wanna go procharger, talk to bob.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98BLOWNZ28
T trim or ysi. I'd say ysi all the way. If you wanna stay vortech you could look into rmcr kits, or if you wanna go procharger, talk to bob.
I would be inclined to agree about RMCR if you didnt have to email a year in advance to even get an answer. I wont even comment on phone response, as I have yet to get in touch with them...
Old 08-16-2011, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

I,ve heard the same thing, must be nice to make too much money.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, seems that everyone but me is doing it these days.

Quick Reply: what blower to replace my v9 with??