Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Conversions and Hybrids welcome at LSX Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Conversions and Hybrids welcome at LSX Shootout

Hey all. Not sure you are aware but the GMPP LSX Shootout now allows any bodied LS powered car in the two classes.

These are allowed in the Rumble (mixed index class) and in the True Street Challenge. The good news is you get both classes for one entry!!!

Don't know about the LSX Shootout?
We have a whole section here on tech
https://ls1tech.com/forums/gm-perfor...-shootout-135/

There are stickies there for rules, and all the info. Please feel free to ask questions here or in that section.

Here is official NMCA press release

5th Annual GM Performance Parts LSX Shootout Coming Soon!

The biggest LS event of the year – the LSX Shootout – is around the corner and promises to bring all the crazy LS excitement you’ve come to expect. This special event, brought to you once again by NMCA and GM Performance Parts, will take place at Lucas Oil Raceway Park in Indianapolis, Indiana, the weekend of October 6-9, 2011. Held in conjunction with the FueLab NMCA World Finals and NMCA Flowmaster Muscle Car Nationals, the LSX Shootout features awesome heads-up racing for the fastest LS-powered cars in the world, index-style and True Street racing for competitors of all levels, and a giant all LS-powered car show. This is “the” LS event of the year, with over $50,000 in cash and prizes, and it’s brought to you by GM Performance Parts. Presenting sponsor, GM High-Tech Performance magazine, has already published the official LSX Shootout Fan Guide and their staff will be at the Shootout participating and providing awesome event coverage.

The LSX Shootout’s heads-up classes include JE Pistons Drag Radial, ERL Performance All Motor, and Holley EFI Real Street…all of which are wheels-up and hardcore. The LSX Shootout also features three classes for mild to wild street-type LS-powered vehicles: Proform LSX Rumble, Nitto Tire 5th Gen Camaro presented by Camaro Performers magazine, and TREMEC True Street Challenge. LSX Rumble and 5th Gen Camaro allow racers to pick their index, matching their street machine up against some of the fastest cars in the country. All racers competing in LSX Rumble and 5th Gen Camaro may also compete for free in the True Street Challenge class on Saturday. Travel through the countryside then bring your LS-powered musclecar, truck or SUV back to the track for a three-run showdown to determine who has the baddest LSX-powered True Street car in the world! All class winners will receive big bucks, an LSX block, and the coveted winners jacket courtesy of GM Performance Parts and their host dealer, Scoggin -Dickey Parts Center.

GM Performance Parts will also present special cash and prizes to the fastest LS-powered individual makes and models with their World’s Fastest LSX Challenge. Who has the world’s fastest Camaro, Firebird, Corvette, GTO, G8, Cadillac, or Truck/SUV? GM Performance Parts wants to find out and will award each winner $250, a custom LSX Shootout winners jacket, and a bonus $250 prize if the car has a GM Performance Parts LSX Bow-Tie block. GM High-Tech Performance will take the two fastest 5th Gens and race them heads-up in a special match race for bonus cash and prizes.

Camaro5.com once again join forces with the GM Performance Parts LSX Shootout in to help celebrate the all-new Camaro’s huge success by sponsoring the 5th Gen Camaro car show class. The LSX Shootout’s special 2-day car show will also have classes for all other factory LS-powered muscle cars and trucks/SUVs with over 40 awards. Awards include: best 5th Gen Camaro, best LS-powered 4th Gen Camaro, Firebird, GTO, Corvette, Cadillac, truck/SUV and vintage LS-powered specialty vehicle; best paint, interior, engine, and detail; NMCA will also give away 20 special recognition awards courtesy of GM High-Tech Performance, FSC, Camaro Performers, and Camaro5.com; LSX Best of Show award on Sunday only. The huge TREMEC LSX car show is just one more way you can participate with your LS-powered vehicle at the GM Performance Parts LSX Shootout.

For more information, specific class rules & purses, car show questions, event information, ticket pricing, vendor space, and hotel arrangements, log on to www.nmcadigital.com/lsxshootout or call 714-444-2426.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

It is nice to be welcome somewhere. The Buick GS Nationals turn up their noses at my LS engine.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah.. I get some wow from some. But if it is not a shinny SBC/BBC or have the rumbling hot rod idle .. they sometime just turn there heads and walk...!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:29 PM
rao
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am thinking about going, but am not into bracket racing.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:59 AM
9 Second Club

Yeah it is not for everyone but not exactly bracket racing either. It does use a pro tree and half second intervals making it harder than bracket racing.

IF you fit it true street, it is not exactly racing but there is fastest overall car so that is kind of heads up.

Or you can just bring it and put in the car show and enjoy the early bird party and all the other racing.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

It would be a bit of a reach to make the show-n-shine from Calif... ! they don't seem to push these event to the West side much....
Old 08-17-2011, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Ah cool..might have to throw the T56 back in the car and take it on a road trip..
Originally Posted by speedtigger
It is nice to be welcome somewhere. The Buick GS Nationals turn up their noses at my LS engine.
Originally Posted by bczee
Yeah.. I get some wow from some. But if it is not a shinny SBC/BBC or have the rumbling hot rod idle .. they sometime just turn there heads and walk...!
I've ran into that too..it's even better when you go to the track and they look at it and ask why it rolls out hard in the top-end compared to their SBC's..lol..
Old 08-17-2011, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by the_merv
Ah cool..might have to throw the T56 back in the car and take it on a road trip..

I've ran into that too..it's even better when you go to the track and they look at it and ask why it rolls out hard in the top-end compared to their SBC's..lol..

Yeah.. and let them ask "HOW Many MPG do you get ?".. I just got back from Reno for Hot August Night.. I got 25mpg. that is not so impressive.. ... .. but when I tell them I got that with 4.11's and 75-80mph.. then they go OH !
LOL
Old 08-17-2011, 03:41 PM
9 Second Club

It would be a bit of a reach to make the show-n-shine from Calif... ! they don't seem to push these event to the West side much....

Opps did not see that..LOL.
Don't lose hope. Promedia, the group that hosts this, is staring a West Coast series. Maybe this will include an LSX Shootout in one of those when they get things rollin'
Old 08-17-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

thank God a West Coast series will be starting. We were feeling left out!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Yeah.. and let them ask "HOW Many MPG do you get ?".. I just got back from Reno for Hot August Night.. I got 25mpg. that is not so impressive.. ... .. but when I tell them I got that with 4.11's and 75-80mph.. then they go OH !
LOL
Yup..I got 25-26 with the T56 cruising at about 80..with the TH350 in it I get about 6..
Old 08-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Teching In

I wish Chris' S-10 would be ready for this Edgar... I'll be there in OC for sure
Old 08-17-2011, 06:33 PM
9 Second Club

Get to wrenchin' Denn!!!!!

No prob, he can race next year....work on pops for this one too
Old 08-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by REDGAR
Get to wrenchin' Denn!!!!!

No prob, he can race next year....work on pops for this one too
I'm gonna try... Not sure if he'd do the Shoot Out or LM/EFI...
Old 08-17-2011, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Pissed I cant make it this year!