LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

A/C Hookup + Heater Core ?

Old 08-16-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A/C Hookup + Heater Core ?

1) Does anyone know how the whole A/C system gets hooked up in a 1994 F-body? Schematics are a rarity on Google so I was hoping someone could give me the general idea. I am dropping my motor back in and was wondering once its all hooked up, how do I get it back to working order, and if it is empty, is it OK to drive with an empty system?

2) Can the heater core be replaced from within the engine bay or do I have to pull the dash. I was able to find a site that said you just pull the glove box and remove an access panel. Does that sound appropriate?
Old 08-17-2011, 12:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The heater core is replaced from under the dash behind the glove box. It's actually pretty simple. As for the AC try checking shbox's site, it's been so long since my car had AC I don't remember where everything was! It won't hurt it to drive with it empty.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah the hardest time i had getting the heater core out was removing the hose fittings, remove the under panel and drop the glove box down, easy as pie after that,

with the ac, make sure to not cycle the ac compressor if there isnt any pag oil in it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/C Hookup + Heater Core ?