Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem

Ok so i was driving around earlier today and decided to play around a little 1-4 gears felt fine at wot 5 gear at about 85-90 there was some vibrations and it felt like the car was dead in the water (like it was bogging). Took it out of gear did it again on the way back home same issue again. Parked it for a while, went to work and it drove fine, on my way home i was shifting kind of hard and i went to shift to 3rd and it felt as if it was stuck in between 3rd and 5th gear and reved high like i missed a shift and it was hard to get out but it came out. It drove normal the rest of the way home.

I dont know if this can be anything to do with it but my b&m ripper is kind of noisy/whiney/notchy. And i have a spohn rod ended tunnel mount t/a.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if its feels like its getting shifted into 3rd and 5th at the same time thats a serious internal problem or since u have an aftermarket shifter it mite be makin the shift forks do wrong things...just my 2 cents
Old 08-17-2011, 08:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what would cause the bogging, but as for the void between 3rd and 5th gear, that's an internal transmission problem.

I've hit it before once or twice with my stock shifter, but when I installed my B&M Ripper, the problem went away for some reason.

Did you adjust the set screw stops on the B&M? This feature is supposed to prevent the shift forks from being over-extended and bent.