Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

bolt on 98 t/a a4 vs g37 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bolt on 98 t/a a4 vs g37 coupe

So as i was driving on the freeway, i had a grey g37 coupe follow me most of the way. I was in the slow lane maintaining 60 mph.... no rush

Once traffic cleared out a bit, i just see him quickly closing the gap and overtaking me....

As he was flying past my rear bumper, i for the hell of it floored the pedal at 60... Just wanted to see if i could stop his pull....
Keep in mind i have 2.73's and 60 mph isnt exactly a sweet downshift spot

By the time he creeped to my side, i shut him down rather quick... and by around 95 he was couple of lengths back. I looked over my shoulder and it looked like i was steadily pulling away like i was supposed to. Nothing to be surprised about...

Looked like his car was bone stock. Not sure about transmission type, but im assuming auto since everyone around here buys one...

My mods and car in sig... No tune, No O2's, shitty 2.73 gears...
Old 08-17-2011, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill man. I always wanted to run a coupe when my car was stock. I ran a sedan and pulled easy.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

G37's aren't really that competitive. I had a full bolt on tuned g37 6speed and barely pulled a car on my at the time stock ws6. If you have a couple simple mods and the G is N/A, it should be a walk in the park providing your car is pretty healthy.