Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from the "Space Coast"

Old 08-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow New from the "Space Coast"

At least, that's what it was called for a number of years...My arrival here has been a long time in coming. I've been reading these forums and browsing hundreds of pictures the past few months to make an educated decision on buying a Trans Am. Well, I finally did. Codenamed "Cathy", she's an Arctic White 1999 Trans Am that, unfortunately, makes a pretty poor car but a pretty great project car. I haven't any pictures, unfortunately, because she went straight into my garage shortly after her purchase, then decided she liked it and has been very vocal about not starting since. You can find the whole saga (and then some) here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gchqQBXYUo8I'd appreciate any and all help/advice I can get from you crazy motorheads, and I certainly hope I can help anyone needing help, too! Long live the Screamin' Chicken!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Did you ever get the water out of there? There like 2-3 rubber plugs under bottom of car you push 1 of them up and water will pour out.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1996firebirdformula
Did you ever get the water out of there? There like 2-3 rubber plugs under bottom of car you push 1 of them up and water will pour out.
I actually did using a grout sponge, actually. I didn't figure out the plugs until afterward, silly me!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Teching In

It's actually worth mentioning that I'm on the next stage of this problem. In my most recent Codename Cathy videos, I pulled the rear bumper and found that the water wasn't coming in from the singular bolt so much as from the whole seam between the rear quarter panel and the rear panel. Furthermore, there is more water coming in through the front, looking like it's coming in through the firewall where the electric cabling goes through. Any input would be great. I will probably post the link to the video in the Firebird forum.

Search this Thread