Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What bullet muffler does Texas Speed use in their true dual exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default What bullet muffler does Texas Speed use in their true dual exhaust?

I ordered and received my Texas Speed true dual exhaust system, with the bullet mufflers. Just wondering what brand Texas Speed uses? Looking through the mufflers, there are raised triangle looking things all the way through the bullet and they kind of spiral down. I just want to make sure I did get the bullet style mufflers and not the spiral flow mufflers. If anyone can comment on what their Texas Speed true dual bullet mufflers looked like, I'd really appreciate it. Pics would be even better if you have any.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last time I checked that exhaust, you could choose which ones.. But my TSP Rumbler CB has a Dynomax Bullet muffler. Should be the same.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the rumbler cat back system from TSP, and I dont remember seeing any name on the muffler at all. Not complaining, I love the way my car sounds.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost certain is dynomax bullets.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:21 AM
On The Tree

Idk what company they use but they are just louvered core glasspacks put on backwards. The spiral flows have spiral rings that run down the middle of the muffler.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

The ones I have seen were Dynomax and sounded amazing.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dirkdiggler350
Idk what company they use but they are just louvered core glasspacks put on backwards. The spiral flows have spiral rings that run down the middle of the muffler.
I ordered the bullet true dual system, but the bullet mufflers have raised triangle looking things all through the inside of the bullet. Do the bullet mufflers have this in them?
Old 08-18-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
Last time I checked that exhaust, you could choose which ones.. But my TSP Rumbler CB has a Dynomax Bullet muffler. Should be the same.
Did the muffler have anything inside the muffler, like raised triangle type things, or was it basically just a straight pipe?
Old 08-18-2011, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Did the muffler have anything inside the muffler, like raised triangle type things, or was it basically just a straight pipe?
Looking through the mufflers, there are raised triangle looking things all the way through the bullet and they kind of spiral down
Old 08-18-2011, 04:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The bullet mufflers we use now do have little raised things inside. They do resemble the Sweet Thunders. The main visible difference is the outside of the bullets is smooth, whereas the Sweet Thunders have a few little indentations on the muffler (almost looks like big machinery grabbed them and crimped them a good bit i those spots.)

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
The bullet mufflers we use now do have little raised things inside. They do resemble the Sweet Thunders. The main visible difference is the outside of the bullets is smooth, whereas the Sweet Thunders have a few little indentations on the muffler (almost looks like big machinery grabbed them and crimped them a good bit i those spots.)
What do the spiral flows look like; outside and inside?
Old 08-19-2011, 08:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

outside they should be similar I believe but inside has a spiral core like a drill/auger

Old 08-19-2011, 09:34 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The main identifier of the Spiral Flows is that they are black on the outside

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 08-19-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

DynoMax bullets are perforated on the inside meaning smooth. The louvered inside are another brand. Summit brand bullets are louvered.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

TSP's true dual with bullets are 18 inch Dynomax bullets, smooth on the outside, straight throught on inside but the inside wall is raised all along with the little pyramid looking louvers. I run bullets and from what I understand they are the best offering on the TSP system as far as flow rate and power goes, but the Sweet thunders are the better sounding ones yet lack flow. Small differences though if you were to dyno the two, maybe 5 hp. Never heard Thunders in person only over the computer, but I can tell you the Bullets definitely sound amazing, very deep.
The following users liked this post:
fucter (09-17-2021)
Old 08-19-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Matt at Texas Speed told me they no longer use Dynomax Bullets in their true duals. They use a different bullet muffler. I just received mine last Friday, which is why I was asking the question I did on the original post. Got everything figured out now and I did get the bullet mufflers, but like I said, they aren't Dynomax because that's not the bullets Texas Speed uses anymore. Regardless, I'm sure they will sound and perform badass.

Originally Posted by tpooleATL
TSP's true dual with bullets are 18 inch Dynomax bullets, smooth on the outside, straight throught on inside but the inside wall is raised all along with the little pyramid looking louvers. I run bullets and from what I understand they are the best offering on the TSP system as far as flow rate and power goes, but the Sweet thunders are the better sounding ones yet lack flow. Small differences though if you were to dyno the two, maybe 5 hp. Never heard Thunders in person only over the computer, but I can tell you the Bullets definitely sound amazing, very deep.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tpooleATL
TSP's true dual with bullets are 18 inch Dynomax bullets, smooth on the outside, straight throught on inside but the inside wall is raised all along with the little pyramid looking louvers.
Dynomax bullets are NOT louvered. Get your facts straight.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

Ahhhh I stand corrected, I got mine about a year and half ago when they were still Dynomax. I was unaware they swtiched. (run away with tail in between legs....)
Old 08-19-2011, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

I bought Dynomax bullets about 3 years ago and they were perforated. Buddy bought some Summit bullets and they were louvered inside but looked almost identical on the outside.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:14 PM
10 Second Club

you have the sweet thunder mufflers....ive had both systems and prefer the S.T's over the dynomax

-brandon

Quick Reply: What bullet muffler does Texas Speed use in their true dual exhaust?