Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2002 Camaro Z28- Red- 200k Miles- 4 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Camaro Z28- Red- 200k Miles- 4 Speed

Year: 2002
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $3200
Mileage: 199000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OH
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Howdy folks. Going to copy and paste from a Craigslist posting I made, to save on typing. Since I'm lazy and stuff. Also, I am made of pure, distilled awesome. Also, my pictures are evidently too huge to post in the thread, so just hit the links.

PICTURES: http://wedontlikeu.com/images/car/Camaro/

Let's be honest here: In the realm of Camaros, there's three types:

1) Overpriced, 10k+ Camaros, that people think you'll pay because there is a new Camaro out. Silly idiots, people don't do that.

2) 500 dollar beaters that hardly run

3) Normally priced Camaros

I'm shooting for number 3.

I'll start off by saying this: I purchased this in June of this year, found it on Ebay, the price was right, and I wanted it. Drove to VA, bought it, drove it back (no issues, ran perfect), paid the title and such, and then decided: I want to buy a house, and not build another race car.

Oh well

So, now I have a Camaro I have no interest in doing anything with.

The only history I have on the car is, literally, like 2 months worth. Since I bought it, I.... ummm... changed the oil? Added gas? Not much.

The bad:

1) Passenger side rear tail light area got rear ended/backed into a pole/whatever. I added some red tape to block the white of the light, and, voila, it works.

2) The dipstick, somehow, broke off inside of the dipstick tube. You can get a dipstick down into it, and there's one in the car, but it's obviously "blocked", and kind of obvious when you're putting it back in. I'm sure it can be removed and fixed.

3) Headlights are fogged to hell. Hilarious.

4) Interior is in decent condition, except for a few holes in the seat. You can see it in the pictures I link. Nothing major.

5) The radio is missing a ****. Also, the "mechanical" motor that controls the volume **** itself is broken, so there's like... a mismatch between the volume setting and the **** setting, if you use the steering wheel volume control. It's hard to explain.

6) The remote lock does not work. The locks work, with the button on the door, but the remote does not. The remote works, I tested that, but no remote locking. Big tear.

7) Rear diff is a little noisy. 200k miles might do that, I suppose.

8) The ashtray cover is loose. Oh glory day, what a tragedy.

9) There's no car mats. Seriously, dealership, WTF?

Anyhoogle... that's pretty much it, for the bad.

The Good:

1) Low price! Make an offer, tee-freaking-hee.

2) New AC compressor. Very cold AC.

3) Oil pressure is dead nuts on.

4) Car runs fantastic, no drivability issues, starting issues, brakes seem solid, etc.

4) 3/4 tires are really new, one is not. Thanks, dealership.

Honestly, I just don't want or need the car anymore. For a 200k miles Camaro, it's pretty damn solid. If you're looking to build a car up, it's a fantastic choice. If you're looking for a DD, I have no doubt it could go many, many more miles before needing anything.

Payment: Cash, money order, etc.

Delivery: I'm 60 miles from Columbus or Cleveland, and could drive to meet you if you so desired.

http://wedontlikeu.com/images/car/Camaro/

Best way to contact me is through this forum; it hits my email, I'll reply, etc, etc.

So, there ya go. I tried to be as honest as humanly possible; haven't owned the car long, don't want it anymore, moving on, etc, etc.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very interested, is the rear leaking at all?
Old 08-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Got one PM from a guy in regards to the car, he might be picking it up this weekend, just an FYI.

That said, no, the rear end does not seem to be leaking. When I purchased the car, I checked the level of fluid in the rear end (simple enough), and it seemed fine; it actually ran out slightly when I cracked it open, so I'm guessing it had been serviced sometime in its life.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:14 AM
Teching In

Car is getting picked up today/tomorrow; I'll update again once it's officially gone, and we can close the threads.

Thanks everyone
Old 09-18-2011, 09:19 PM

Default camaro

still have it?>?????????