Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throttle position controller

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle position controller

i am trying to research the use of the throttle position controller for my ls1 swap. what does the throttle position controller actually do? i have read in wikipedia that it is a 'drive by wire feature'. i am putting a 2000 pontiac trans am ram air ws6 ls1 into my 1998 gmc sierra c1500. i just can't find any informative material regarding the throttle position controller. would anyone please fill me in on its function?
thanks,
tony
Old 10-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump. I'm putting a 01 ls1 setup In my 95 TA and can't figure out what this position controller is for. Car stArts and idles find
Old 10-23-2011, 01:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I can't comment too thoroughly on Gen 3/4 engines, but the throttle position sensor on Gen 2 (LT1) Engines helps with with the speed density part of the tune. Those engines used a blended airflow model that used speed density based MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) and a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) along with other sensors to estimate fuel delivery needs based on a preset table. Then at higher flow rates they would use MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) based direct measurement to determine fuel needs.

If you forget to plug that sensor in the car will go into safe mode.

Quick Reply: throttle position controller