Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Porting LS3 heads, Fast 102, 2 inch exhaust questions?

Old 08-19-2011, 01:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porting LS3 heads, Fast 102, 2 inch exhaust questions?

Hey guys. I'm fixing to start the build on my C6 and wanted a little help. I've done some searching here and have had a hard time finding some info on a couple questions.

My build is a Forged 402 with lunati crank, rods, and diamond pistons. My compression should be 9.6:1 with my LS3 heads, and my cam is a 232/244 on a 118. I will be running a YSI A&A kit making an estimated 16-18psi with an 8 rib and a Dallas Performance flip drive.

Since the car is apart, will I see some good gains from porting my LS3 heads? A local LS head porter has got some great gains from his work on the LS3 heads and oversized valves. What about combining this with a Fast 102 and 2 inch exhaust(over my 1 3/4 right now).

What gains should I expect from porting the stock LS3 heads, adding the Fast 102 and 2 inch exhaust at my power level? I would rather make the power with less boost than cranking it up. If I can gain 50rwhp from these 3 things, I think it will be worth it for me. I know that sounds like a small amount of power for $4500 in parts and port work, but it's just one of those things that after the build is finished, I don't want to turn around and be knocking myself for not doing it while it was apart. Thanks.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard of guys getting decent gains by going with 2" headders, I heard of a guy picking up almost 50rwhp from a good source.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I know Mr. Big in Dallas picked up quite a bit with 2 inch exhaust, but I'm probably leaning more to porting the heads and adding the Fast 102 right now. That way, the harder stuff is out of the way. I don't want to adjusting the fuel rails/system later down the road. 2 inch headers can be knocked out in a couple hours on a lift a little later.

Search this Thread