Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

sts turbo install q's

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sts turbo install q's

hello. i am installing a sts turbo kit on my friends 04 gto. i have a few questions for some one who is familiar with the sts kit. we bought the kit used. it looks like the wiring harness might have been modified. or the manual that came with it is out of date?
first. there is an extra green wire on the rear portion of the wiring harness, the is no mention of it in the manual. and no green wires coming off the scavenger pump or pressure switch. do you know where this connects?

second.(referring to pcv switch) in the manual it talks about the two "brown wires" when connecting the pcv switch and pressure switch. i only have one brown wire and one red wire in proximity to the pcv switch.
when reading the manual it says connect the red wire to one side of the pressure switch. then the two "brown wires" to the other side of the pressure switch with the other end of the short brown wire attached to the pcv switch.
is the "short brown wire" just a small jumper wire that isnt part of the harness?

third. there is a toggle switch wired in that isn't mentioned in the manual. i have a feeling this was a modification made to the harness by the previous owner. but i have read some posts about older sts kits having a toggle switch for oil pump speed (correct me?)
the toggle switch has a red blue and brown wire connected to it

if you made it through the post thank you. and help or in site is much appreciated........lucas P.S. i cant find a wiring diagram for the sts harness. any one know where?
Old 08-20-2011, 06:00 AM
11 Second Club

Do not use the sts pcv setup. Just wire up the pump. Run a catch can or vent it. Mine let oil into the intake and also sprayed it all over the engine bay. I blocked off the ports at the intake and ran vented catch cans to the valve covers, completely eliminating the pcv.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:52 AM
11 Second Club

Part of the problem is the oil return at the fill cap. Any pressure in the crank case and oil will spray out of the sts vent switch. I tapped my oil pan as well. No more issues. If you use the pcv, tap the oil pan. If you don't want to tap the oil pan, don't use the pcv setup. The two do not work well together.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:38 PM

cool thanks for your input. i will just set up a breather system. any info on the toggle switch that's installed on the harness.....thanks
Old 08-20-2011, 02:29 PM
11 Second Club

It's gotta be high/low for the oil pump. My kit was supposed to have one, but did not.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:09 PM

thank you sir. i got it worked out today. toggle switch was/is an on/off for the pump. green wire i mentioned was for the e-boost (boost control solenoid) the previous owner had. and pvc switch is now a breather system. getting tuned monday. i am a honda owner but working on this gm was a pleasure. i would love to do a diy turbo f-body, and make some real power.lol. thanks for the help
Old 08-20-2011, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

No prob. Have fun!

Quick Reply: sts turbo install q's