Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting tuned for nitrous, run not as good on motor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting tuned for nitrous, run not as good on motor?

ok i have a NA mail order tune now, bolt ons, i am installing a wet kit, with window switch and timing retard box. if i get my car dyno tuned for nitrous, will it run not as good on motor? or will the tune be hooked up to some switch or something...
Old 08-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

my car has the timing pull out of it all the time. The only thing the arming switch does is tell it to add fuel while spraying. Off spray the tune is just a little lamer then before.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

The tuner should tune it for the best NA power. Then like stated above you will need a way to pull timing for the N2O pulls. I'm using the MSD timing twister to add or subtract timing as needed. Depending on your mods and the type of N2O system you may have to fine tune the fuel .
Old 08-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1lejohn
The tuner should tune it for the best NA power. Then like stated above you will need a way to pull timing for the N2O pulls. I'm using the MSD timing twister to add or subtract timing as needed. Depending on your mods and the type of N2O system you may have to fine tune the fuel .
With the timing tools, can you pre-program how much timing is added/pulled or is it on the fly?
Old 08-21-2011, 06:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

yea im buying the lingenfelter to pull timing when i spray. my car already been mail order tuned for NA.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vbls
yea im buying the lingenfelter to pull timing when i spray. my car already been mail order tuned for NA.
Good deal, that gives you the best of both worlds. Easy to install too.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
With the timing tools, can you pre-program how much timing is added/pulled or is it on the fly?
With the MSD unit it has little switches that you adjust. It subtracts or adds timing when ever the engine is above 1800 rpm. For FI cars you can add or subtract timing depending on the amount of boost.

For example my cars PCM is programmed with 24 degrees of timing (N2O tune). I add 5-6 degress for everyday driving. The car runs better with the timing added on motor. When spraying I can add or subtract how ever much timing the plugs show that the engine wants.