LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

tuning assistance elavorate

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning assistance elavorate

Hey guys I'm getting my car tune n I asked brayn from pcmforless for some feed back. Well this is wat he had to say.

The fuel trims and the WOT fueling are both showing lean, I also see the MAF does not seem to be reading as much air as it should be. First thing I need you to do is pull out the MAF sensor and clean (carb and choke or throttle body cleaner work well)the 3 wires inside of it (if they are black and oily they are insulated and the MAF is not reading right) and also make sure there are no leaks (rips, tears, loose clamps, folded over ends, etc...) on the cold air intake where air might be getting in after the MAF sensor as well. After you clean it and check for leaks, put it all back together and do another data log.

I understand the MAF part. The screen is dented in a few parts so that's probably why. I have a ebay cai I dunno if that will matters.

If someone can elaborate about the fuel trims and the wot fueling showing lean at wot. Also wat can I do to fix it.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Basically, what hes saying is possibly due the maf being dirty when you go WOT it
showing a lean condition there for the ecm is having to add fuel to correct this problem. Get the maf cleaned. Do another run and see if that changed anything.

Quick Reply: tuning assistance elavorate