Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to buy thes vavle seals

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default where to buy thes vavle seals

this is a picture of the valve seals that came on my heads. i was just wondering who makes these and where i can buy them. i tried a set of stock seals and they arent sealing properly due to them possibly being damaged upon install due to the tight fit over the bronze guides in the heads. thanks
Old 08-22-2011, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Whose heads are they?
Old 08-24-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i really have no idea. they came on an ls1 a local guy blew up in his fd rx-7. the guy with the rx'7 bought the enigne of a wholesaler with everything as is that teh guy pulle dout of a wrecked f-body. he ended up building a diff engine for the car with afr heads. i got these from my buddy who built the the motor and had them fixed. only problem was they were missing 2 of the valve seals and after a year of kicking around his shop they were MIA. the heads were deff cnced and were original gm casting ls6 heads but the gm logo was ground off thats under the valve cover. the heads are at least 5 years old id say so if anyone has any idea id love to know what kind of heads they are. they deff woke the car up a ton!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

I would try to figure out what type of bronze guide you have, make some measurements with a micrometer and all and then let a vendor know what you have and see if you cant come up with something
Old 08-26-2011, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That appears to be a Teflon seal. You need to junk all of them and go with a viton seal. I'm sure Comp has what you need, just need the guide and valve stem size.