Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catback?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Catback?

I have a 98 trans am a4 with pace setter longtubes, ORY, and flowmaster catback which is very quiet..I am looking to get either a LM1, TSP Tru Duals rumbler, TSP rumbler catback, a single electric cutout with the flow master catback, or dual electric cutouts with the flowmaster catback..anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? and where would be a good place to put the single cut-out if I do buy it.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

I have a lm1 with pacesetters and ory and it is way to loud in my opinion. Im curently looking for a different cat back to quiet it down some
Old 08-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by pnykillerz28ls1
I have a lm1 with pacesetters and ory and it is way to loud in my opinion. Im curently looking for a different cat back to quiet it down some
Yea I heard LM1's are loudd but loud is what im going for I just dont know which one to get. I heard magnaflows are quiet and they sound good. Look into that
Old 08-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

i am also running pacesetter LT's ORY LM1 and it is too loud.. i loved how my car souded like with the LM1 before throwing on the LT's.. now theirs too much "Rasp"

so im forsure going to throw on some high flow cats now.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bay Area Y2K_Z28
i am also running pacesetter LT's ORY LM1 and it is too loud.. i loved how my car souded like with the LM1 before throwing on the LT's.. now theirs too much "Rasp"

so im forsure going to throw on some high flow cats now.
Oh ok good to know. Thats why im kind of going towards that electric cutout because my exhaust is quiet right now even with LTs so with the cut out I have the option of being quiet or loud.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WSUHottBOI
Oh ok good to know. Thats why im kind of going towards that electric cutout because my exhaust is quiet right now even with LTs so with the cut out I have the option of being quiet or loud.

yea i would go with the cut out its very convinient.. plus im always risking on getting pulled over for loud exhaust you know how it is here in cali with all our BS laws
Old 08-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bay Area Y2K_Z28
yea i would go with the cut out its very convinient.. plus im always risking on getting pulled over for loud exhaust you know how it is here in cali with all our BS laws
Hell Yeah its always the CHPs that are the real dicks..Other than that I havn't had too many problems with city cops..Just avoid Fremont,CA haha..Im not tryna get a State Ref ticket..I think im going with the cut-out. I dont know if i should get two or one tho.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

aha yea bro the chp are dicks specially here in sacramento.. no to mention those damn motorcycle pigs.. but i personaly think one should be good enough.. im looking to go with a deep drone type of sound or deep tone.. so i need to start looking for opinions on what i should do with my set up to make it more easy.. i have an original SLP CME on my z28
Old 08-23-2011, 05:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

One c/o is enough, put it right after the y pipe. Itll be twice as loud after a cam anyway. Its a cheaper alternative unless you can find a used lm1. Ill post up a link if you want to see how my car sounds with a cutout compared to a catback.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

magnaflow..
Old 08-23-2011, 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Its all personal preference. A lot of guys don't like the str8 through systems w/ headers & ory ....love my LM1 but have cats
Old 08-23-2011, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LM1's are nice for a while but get old quick. TRUE DUALS lol
Old 08-23-2011, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a difference between just outright loud with no tone, and loud with a good tone that is nice to the ear. My true duals weren't raspy like LM1 one is (LM1 sounds like absolute **** IMO).

My old setup: pacesetter LTs, custom X and dynomax bullets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgFbnIBUgM4
Old 08-23-2011, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WSsick
There's a difference between just outright loud with no tone, and loud with a good tone that is nice to the ear. My true duals weren't raspy like LM1 one is (LM1 sounds like absolute **** IMO).

My old setup: pacesetter LTs, custom X and dynomax bullets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgFbnIBUgM4
^^^ this would be correct

I like magnaflow, he likes dynomax ( which does sounds good with his old setup i might add) and if you like slp lm1 or lm2 then so be it, it does flow good and is light weight.. im not a fan of the sound, but some slp setups don't sound all that bad

EDIT: If your looking for sound, then youtube is full of sound clips with various setups

if you want the best flowing, true duals HANDS DOWN.. no y setup will outflow true duals.. if u like ur y setup, consider a cutout, its a lil more affordable than an entire dual setup
I hope u find what ur looking for OP
Old 08-23-2011, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

i would go true duals since you get pretty much the best of both worlds; great sound and performance, but on the other hand it is pretty loud. So if you want something a little quieter i would just go with a good cat back system and some electric cut outs.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:29 AM
Banned

if you think your catback is quiet now, just get a cutout! trust me if you do any more mods in the future especially a cam swap you might be needing to quiet the car down. I know this from experience!
Old 08-30-2011, 01:16 AM
TECH Addict

Gmmg ftmfw!

Quick Reply: Catback?