Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e trans ??

Old 08-22-2011, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e trans ??

I purchased a built 4l60e from a guy that is all new. We hooked it all up and went to back the car out of the shop and it has no reverse? Its like its in neutral but u cant even push it backwards. So we lifted it back up with the lift and and it want spin in reverse. when u put it in the neutral position with the shifter the tires spin forward, u can even make it accerlerate in the neutral position or in the forward gears. Why is there no reverse? Why cant I even push the car backwards in neutral or reverse? Any help is much appreciated.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it a brand new build or is the seller new to building transmissions?

It could be that he has the input sprag in backwards, it could be that the forward clutches are applied all the time.

If the engine is not running can you push the car in neutral?

Does it have all the forward gears?

g
Old 08-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Teching In

I would pull the pan and verify that all the valve body bolts are in the correct positions. If you can find the instructions for a transgo hd2 shift kit, it will tell you where the various length bolts go and if they're not in the right spots they can lock the drivetrain. HTH.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:59 PM

it has very few miles on it. he said it worked perfect when he pulled it out. He said the only thing he changed was he put new clutches in it before he sent it to me? Does the input sprag have to be taken off to put new clutches in?
Old 08-22-2011, 08:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 9C1'Stangkiller
I would pull the pan and verify that all the valve body bolts are in the correct positions. If you can find the instructions for a transgo hd2 shift kit, it will tell you where the various length bolts go and if they're not in the right spots they can lock the drivetrain. HTH.
In my experience, the rotating assembly will not move either direction if the bolts are improperly installed. ( ask me how I know ) But, because I never say never, you might take a look at the bolts the attach the valve body to the case like Stangkiller suggested. One can be placed improperly and will cause the rotating assembly to bind up.

If all he did was to install new clutches then I'd say he either stacked it wrong or has other issues. But, it would be hard to say without looking at it myself.

g
Old 08-22-2011, 08:27 PM

hmmm Ill check the bolts first because its easier. thanks for the help.

Search this Thread