Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust side flow ported 243's

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 12:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust side flow ported 243's

Anyone know if any of the vendors will CNC port customer supplied heads and is so how much?

I have a set of 243 castings that were hand ported to some respectable intake numbers but there is quite a bit of potential left compared to the flow numbers of some of the CNC programs I have seen advertised especially on the exhaust side compared to my heads.

Or would I be better off having the exhaust done by hand and if so by whom and cost vrs CNC.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Talk to Total Engine Airflow or Advanced Induction - they both work on customer supplied heads.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by popinsmoke
Anyone know if any of the vendors will CNC port customer supplied heads and is so how much?

I have a set of 243 castings that were hand ported to some respectable intake numbers but there is quite a bit of potential left compared to the flow numbers of some of the CNC programs I have seen advertised especially on the exhaust side compared to my heads.

Or would I be better off having the exhaust done by hand and if so by whom and cost vrs CNC.
Where are you located? I just had a guy hand port and polish my 862's and he got some really nice #'s out of them. I am in NC and I can get you his contact info - I'll Pm you with his name and number. If you're interested in sending them to him, tell him Brandon (with the 862's) sent ya.

Quick Reply: Exhaust side flow ported 243's